Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Stellar Customer Experience From Weber  (Read 2432 times)

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Stellar Customer Experience From Weber
« on: March 24, 2020, 06:41:12 AM »
Short story long, before all this virus stuff I ordered a Weber Smokey Joe Premium in Crimson – available only overseas.  I successfully ordered this through Amazon.co.uk and had it shipped to my house here in the states.  I wanted this model in red to go along with my other red kettles – kind of complete the collection.  So, it arrived and did not look like the picture on the site.  It turns out that “Crimson” is actually a dull brown and not red at all.  Is what it is I told myself, so I assembled it and it appeared pretty cool anyway.  This model is a bit different from my regular Smokey Joe in that the intake vents are on the side and there is a lid bale that swings up to hold the lid on for transportation.  First try putting the lid bale up I hear cracking and the porcelain chips away all around the point that the handle screw goes through the lid.  I was pretty bummed.  Sorry color…..now damaged lid….. can’t send it back….

So I call Weber yesterday and tell them my story.  The lady was really nice and offered me a free replacement lid.  Only problem is they only had black and one in “Wedgewood”.  I agree on the Wedgewood option and then it occurred to me that if they replace the lid, they might replace the bowl with one of a matching color.  I asked her if they happen to have a Wedgewood bowl to match.  On hold for about 10 minutes and she said she located one.  So they are sending me a Wedgewood bowl and lid – no charge for my trouble.  Not knowing what Wedgewood is I decided to google it.  Turns out that this is a limited production version not sold here, but in Iceland, Germany and Dubai in 2012 and it’s called Wedgewood Blue which appears to look a bit like a Glen Blue in pictures I’m finding. 

I received my email today that the items have shipped and should arrive by week’s end.  I’m very happy with Weber’s handling of my situation.  And it turns out when all is said and done, I’ll have a nice little light blue Smokey Joe Premium to add to the collection which I guess is a pretty unique little grill.  I will NOT be using the lid bail to secure the lid though just in case this is a design flaw.  Might use it to hold Halloween candy each year since there are no bottom vents. ; )
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 06:43:09 AM by bamakettles »

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Stellar Customer Experience From Weber
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 06:45:53 AM »
Crimson SJ on the right...

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

vwengguy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2020, 06:47:10 AM »
This is the Wedgewood SJ that I had.. cool color! You’re gonna love it!

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2020, 06:50:20 AM »
This is the Wedgewood SJ that I had.. cool color! You’re gonna love it!

Beautiful!  I'm pretty stoked about this......

WeberKell11

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2020, 07:18:37 AM »
Cant beat that customer service.  That blue is going to be awesome.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

crowderjd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2020, 07:51:13 AM »
Holy cow...that's an upgrade!  Congrats!
Chasing the impossibles: Westerner, Custom, Meat Cut!

RottiGuy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2020, 10:25:38 AM »
I like them!! Here are the other 2!! Tourqouise on the left, Bluewave on the right!!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2020, 10:30:37 AM »
I like them!! Here are the other 2!! Tourqouise on the left, Bluewave on the right!!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

VERY nice!

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2020, 09:22:11 PM »
Word to the wise when dealing with newer colored kettles and the taco handles...put SOMETHING in between the porcelain and taco before securing the handle in place and tightening.  High heat fiber washers can be found and I personally used some high heat gasket material that I had laying around.  Cut it into small squares and punched a hole in the middle for the bolt.  Can’t see the material at all and it provides a nice cushion that protects the porcelain the popping.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2020, 07:17:26 AM »
Grate tip Lowbrass will do that.  I'm sure I have some of those washers left over from my WSM build. 

So....... Got my Wedgewood bowl last week, came with new lid bail and vent covers.  Looks good.  The lid was supposed to be delivered yesterday and we got a delivery about mid afternoon.  My wife brought it in and it sat there until I got home.  The box looked a little large and I sprayed it with Lysol (that's what we do now with a delivery) on all sides.  Opened it up and it's a light green bowl - with the holes on the side - premium version.  I was not pleased!  So I called Weber and was on hold for 30 mins - probably spoke to someone working from home when he picked up.  Without going into the whole story with him I just told him I received a wrong part for order #xx.  He said no problem, they had one lid in stock and it will be shipped out right away, keep the green bowl for whatever I want.  Fingers crossed, I did get a confirmation email from Weber.  We'll see!

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2020, 02:53:53 PM »
Happy Ending!! The wedgewood blue lid arrived today and all is well with this Smokey Joe saga .... I’m very happy with Weber and the final result.  Plus I came out with a set of bolts, washers and wing nuts I can use to replace the rusty ones on the $5 black SJ I just got.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2020, 03:25:33 AM »
I love happy endings !!
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

randy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2020, 05:24:25 AM »

I love happy endings !!
Me too!