Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Anybody affected by Coronavirus yet?  (Read 21675 times)

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Anybody affected by Coronavirus yet?
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2020, 04:52:51 PM »
How do I get on that lol.
We got a temporary 25% raise today at work.  It’s even retro for time during this issue.  Pretty cool to work for my company.....

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Sent from my SM-G973U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 06:30:48 PM by bamakettles »

jmike314

• WKC Brave
Re: Anybody affected by Coronavirus yet?
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2020, 06:13:40 PM »
I’m a teacher & coach in OK.
All schools are shut down until April 6. Absolutely no instruction. Whether or not we stay out will be determined later but I’m not seeing us back in school anytime soon. We may very well be out indefinitely. Pretty sure the district is working on alternative learning plans.
We’ll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
“Crying is for little girls, babies, and men who just had their ears ripped off.” - Oobedoob Benubi

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2020, 07:23:30 PM »
I’m a teacher & coach in OK.
All schools are shut down until April 6. Absolutely no instruction. Whether or not we stay out will be determined later but I’m not seeing us back in school anytime soon. We may very well be out indefinitely. Pretty sure the district is working on alternative learning plans.
We’ll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Our schools in California are looking indefinitely closed till next school year. Donno if they might try to make up hours by making the summer part of the school year or if they will just be like well that sucked starting fresh this year

Sent from my SM-G973U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

jhagestad

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2020, 05:47:25 AM »
I've got a freshman and junior in high school, and they both just started an e-learning module from their school. They'll be e-learning this week, followed by their normally scheduled spring break week, followed by another week of e-learning. Based on some discussions I've had with their teachers and other parents that we know, most believe that their school will continue with e-learning for the rest of the school year.  One thing is clear though: no one has much confidence in whether e-learning will be successful in effectively transmitting knowledge from teacher to student. Illinois, like all states, has minimum education requirements in order to move from one grade to the next. People are concerned about whether their kids will be able to understand the material being taught in this manner well enough for them to pass mid-terms or finals this semester (in whatever form those exams take shape). Hopefully, the kids will adapt well and our educators and administrators will make wise decisions.
Wife: Let me guess... you want to grill again

dwnthehatch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2020, 06:33:11 AM »
I do IT for NASA. The whole Center is 100% telework right now. I'm trying to work from home with a 3 and 5 year old. Fun times! All schools are closed. No eat-in at bars or restaurants. Grocery stores are empty. Good to know farmers and a butcher.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 06:35:58 AM by dwnthehatch »

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2020, 07:11:33 AM »
I currently work retail . And let me tell you . It’s good to be prepared for things but having a bit of extra cans goods, and things for the freezer .  But this has gone out of control . People hoarding milk??? I don’t think I need to explain why that’s stupid. People can’t find TP. Just crazy . Today was the first day in awhile there was actually some food on the shelves .

crowderjd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2020, 09:46:07 AM »
I currently work retail . And let me tell you . It’s good to be prepared for things but having a bit of extra cans goods, and things for the freezer .  But this has gone out of control . People hoarding milk??? I don’t think I need to explain why that’s stupid. People can’t find TP. Just crazy . Today was the first day in awhile there was actually some food on the shelves .

@Dc_smoke309 THANK YOU for all your hard work during this time.  I've only been to the grocery once in the last week, but I made sure to thank the shelf stockers and cashiers for their hard work and quite honestly, sacrifice.
Chasing the impossibles: Westerner, Custom, Meat Cut!

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2020, 02:03:49 PM »

@Dc_smoke309 THANK YOU for all your hard work during this time.  I've only been to the grocery once in the last week, but I made sure to thank the shelf stockers and cashiers for their hard work and quite honestly, sacrifice.

Appreciate that a lot. Most people are understanding . But some people are just straight up mean. Takes a lot to keep the lips sealed . Lol I have three kids so I know how ppl feel when there is nothing to buy. So we try and work our butts off to make people feel a little more “ normal “.  People need to STAY HOME unless they actually need something .

I hope all of you and your loved ones stay safe... hopefully this will all be over soon.

jhagestad

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2020, 11:12:34 AM »
Here we go - State of Illinois about to announce a shelter-in-place order effective tomorrow. Yay.
Wife: Let me guess... you want to grill again

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2020, 11:25:25 AM »
Here we go - State of Illinois about to announce a shelter-in-place order effective tomorrow. Yay.
I saw Oak Brook had already done that. [emoji40]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wildeagle

• WKC Brave
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2020, 11:44:51 AM »
Nope
Ryan  Andrew Moore

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2020, 12:51:45 PM »
Damn I’m in Illinois . My brother was gonna come over and grill some wings ...guess we can’t do that now

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2020, 03:26:07 PM »
Burning off that damn virus

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2020, 05:26:25 PM »
I do IT for NASA. The whole Center is 100% telework right now. I'm trying to work from home with a 3 and 5 year old. Fun times! All schools are closed. No eat-in at bars or restaurants. Grocery stores are empty. Good to know farmers and a butcher.
Similar situation here. IT for a large Insurance and Financial Services company. We went work from home company wide. It’s tough with a 4,2, and 0 year old in the house. Take out only, no sit down restaurants or bars. Store shelves are bare and our gun stores have been packed full of people. Strange times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2020, 06:29:28 PM »
We have two young kids & another one due in about a month.  The kids were coughing for a couple days late last week, early this week, which makes you wonder in the back of your mind.  Yesterday, I started coughing & googled "dry cough" as I heard that was one of the symptoms, but I didn't know what exactly it meant.  I've never been so damn happy to have phlegm in my throat when coughing as when I looked up what dry cough meant (I was guessing it involved a lack of mucus, but wasn't 100% certain). 

The wife had a doctor's appointment last week & her doctor's office is located inside Rush Oak Park Hospital, where 2 ER doctors & a patient were recently diagnosed.  The hospital is a small hospital, so it was a bit concerning, but my wife was an ICU nurse & decided to go, but to take some precautions.  Since everything looks fine, the doctor suggested they skip the last appointment before delivery to reduce risk of exposure. 

She is planning on delivering at Rush (downtown), which is a HUGE hospital.  She is more impressed with that hospital than a lot of others in the area, including one near us (Advocate Lutheran General) that is generally well thought of.  Even if Rush winds up with quite a few cases, one nice thing is that there is a way to get to the labor & delivery floor from the parking garage where you don't go through the rest of the hospital. 

My first job (other than cutting lawns, etc) was when I was 14 at a mom & pop Pizza Place.  I took hand washing very seriously and have washed my hands more than most people (especially when cooking).  At one point, I was a actually bit worried that I might become obsessive about it, so tried dialing it back a bit.  Because my wife was an ICU nurse, she has always taken hand washing seriously.  Still a bit worried in the back of my mind over having her due next month.  My biggest concern is if hospitals just get overwhelmed.  Can't believe the CDC is suggesting "improvised" masks (like a bandanna or a scarf) is fine for a health care worker if supplies run out.  I can understand people having to improvise, but for the CDC to suggest that is fine is a bit unnerving as it indicates how bad things already are around the country with respect to supplies.
regards,
Hal