Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Lodge 14" Cast-Iron Pizza Pan  (Read 439 times)

tibas92017

• WKC Brave
Lodge 14" Cast-Iron Pizza Pan
« on: March 11, 2020, 12:50:22 PM »
What is the best way to STORE this Pizza Pan after a good cleaning and pputting a few drops of oil on-it to maintain the seasoning?

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Lodge 14" Cast-Iron Pizza Pan
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2020, 03:00:18 AM »
In a cabinet or hang on a wall like any other pan.  I season with crisco. It’s more stable if hanging on a wall.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
Re: Lodge 14" Cast-Iron Pizza Pan
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2020, 04:03:16 AM »
Hanging on the wall or a rack would work best.  The most important thing is keeping it in a humidity controlled environment.  I had some cast iron last season that I put on my garage table because I was going to smooth it out and season it myself and after a few weeks it had a small amount of rust on it.  A little work with a sander took care of it and I was already seasoning it so it wasn't a big deal.

You won't be pleasantly surprised if you leave it out and don't do a pizza cook for a month in say July though. 

Using an oil that won't smell funny after a while of non use is also important.  I tend to use flax seed (I think that's what's in the cabinet) at the beginning and switch over to olive oil.  I know seasoning with say bacon grease makes things taste great, but if you aren't using it almost daily it will start to stink in a not so good way. 
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 04:05:50 AM by ReanimatedRobot »
ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.