Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Ash catcher bracket  (Read 634 times)

brocksylvan

• Happy Cooker
Ash catcher bracket
« on: March 08, 2020, 12:11:20 PM »
I was handed down a 98' Master touch and I am having trouble replacing one part. I can find the one touch cleaning kit and ash catcher for my year; however I cannot find the bracket that supports the ash catcher in the middle of the photo. Weber says they don't make it anymore and none of the other parts come with it. Other than modifying my kettle to accept the new style ash catcher does anyone know where I can find the bracket? I appreciate any help.

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
Re: Ash catcher bracket
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2020, 05:30:37 PM »
If it is still in a solid piece, even if rusted, you can usually bend them back into shape & keep them.  If it is trashed, I can probably point you to some mods that people did to keep the old bucket with the newer style ash sweeps with the washer with the H-shaped opening. 

If your replacement sweeps are the newer style sweeps & the bar is salvageable, you can do this mod that requires no alteration of the leg sockets on the bowl or of the bucket holder.  @toolhead came up with it & it is pretty darn easy.  You just need a little cheap round file.  If you don't have one already, you can pick up at Menards, Harbor Freight or other places.  See this thread and the one that Toolhead references in it.  http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/index.php?topic=42723.msg428581#msg428581

If you don't already have sweeps, you might consider doing a search to find the part number for stainless steel sweeps so that you don't have to bother with it in the future. 

If the bar is gone, there are a couple other mods that will allow you to use the old bucket.  Some required drilling the leg sockets on the bowl.  The one I was going to try (before finding Toolhead's solution) was one that only required drilling the ring that holds the ashpan, but nothing on the bowl itself.  Let me know if your bar is completely trashed as I could probably find that one fairly quickly.   
regards,
Hal

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2020, 05:36:23 PM »
I posted a ash catcher bar i fabbed myself...its in the FS listing a few months ago..

Good luck
Grills

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2020, 05:40:26 PM »
If you need the bar, @toolhead made a replacement out of aluminum stock so you won't have the rust issue again.  He listed it for sale in this thread.  http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/index.php?topic=42887.msg425204#msg425204
regards,
Hal