Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Retro fit gas assist on Performer  (Read 3065 times)

cdhigh56

• Happy Cooker
Retro fit gas assist on Performer
« on: March 05, 2020, 02:54:24 PM »
Does anyone know if the 5lb Performer gas assist tank can be retro fitted to take the smaller LP tanks used for camp stoves?

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
Re: Retro fit gas assist on Performer
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2020, 04:39:44 PM »
The easiest way will probably be just taking the gas assist parts from a donor Performer that uses the 1 lb tanks.

Sent from my SM-G925R4 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
Retro fit gas assist on Performer
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2020, 05:33:36 PM »
Hello, @cdhigh56.

I have an extra hose and regulator assembly that ReanimatedRobot mentions above.  However, you will run into an issue of how and where to mount the regulator to your 1st generation stainless steel Performer. 

Curious to know what your current issue is with the gas-assist and PM your address if you want this assembly (P/N 74237).  https://www.weber.com/US/en/help/schematics/browse.aspx?model=15501001

An alternative is to use a regulator from a gas-go-anywhere and connect it directly to your burner tube.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 05:35:49 PM by Mr.CPHo »

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2020, 09:32:21 PM »
If you have the 5lb tank most propane suppliers will just recertify them for a small fee.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

WeberKell11

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2020, 05:36:47 AM »
@Mr.CPHo if @cdhigh56 decides not to take you up on that I may be interested after reading the Bisbee saga posted above.  I kinda think I like the stealth idea more than 5lber (which I really was leaning towards).  It's incredible reading all the awesome mods you guys come up with.

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2020, 05:57:45 AM »

@Mr.CPHo if @cdhigh56 decides not to take you up on that I may be interested after reading the Bisbee saga posted above.  I kinda think I like the stealth idea more than 5lber (which I really was leaning towards).  It's incredible reading all the awesome mods you guys come up with.
@WeberKell11, I actually found two of these regulators in my parts pile, so no worries if cdhigh56 needs one too.  I was also looking for a burner tube for you, but no luck.  I still hope you grab that cheap SSP.  PM me your address, or if you can wait, I’ll probably be in your area in the next week or so.

WeberKell11

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2020, 07:12:15 AM »
No rush brother thanks a lot!  Keep me posted and safe travels.

@WeberKell11, I actually found two of these regulators in my parts pile, so no worries if cdhigh56 needs one too.  I was also looking for a burner tube for you, but no luck.  I still hope you grab that cheap SSP.  PM me your address, or if you can wait, I’ll probably be in your area in the next week or so.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

cdhigh56

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2020, 08:35:17 PM »
Thanks for all the replies to my post. I appreciate them all.  I was hoping I could maybe just switch out the hose and connections but if that isn't possible I will just leave it alone. I want to do it mainly for convenience. What I have still works fine.