Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: SmokeFire!  (Read 2676 times)

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
Re: SmokeFire!
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2020, 04:28:34 AM »
Never saw the need for a pellet pooper, and when Weber came out with one... WTF?!

Sorry, butt I am of old school... charcoal and wood. I dislike things that WILL break.
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2020, 05:13:41 AM »
Interested in the sounds that the grill makes..... fan, auger and the torch sounds.  Grilling for me is a time of relaxation and I love hearing the embers popping and a nice sizzle but that's about it unless I turn on some Eagles on the bluetooth speaker.  Are the sounds very loud and intrusive?

bigred

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2020, 05:26:26 AM »
Bbqking01- apologies for hijacking the thread - now back to our regularly scheduled program

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2020, 01:12:32 PM »
No problem...it’s all good. The fan is kinda loud but not obnoxious, auger can barely here, when it turns on. Plus the fan kinda comes and goes. But this isn’t sitting around the camp fire out in the woods with the wind blowing through the trees either...lol I’m all for charcoal and real wood. But if I’m going to do a big crowd, this would work great!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

SmokeVide

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2020, 08:15:40 PM »
Not sure how much SmokeFire experiences have been discussed in the forum, but I'll add my 2 cents. The other night at work, we fired one up and cooked about 25 brats. We cooked them in a couple of batches, and ran it for a couple of hours.
We had no problems with grease flare-ups. The smoke flavor was evident. For the last 10-15 minutes of each batch, we cranked up the heat, and got beautiful grill marks on the brats, along with a crisp casing that snapped with the bite. It can definitely put out some heat. There was minimal ash -- no more than you'd expect with a charcoal kettle.
We didn't measure, but the pellet usage didn't seem out of the ordinary.
And almost throughout the cook, there was smoke coming from the cooker. I've used other pellet cookers, where there seldom seemed to be smoke.
I think what people need to understand is that the SmokeFire is a different type of pellet grill. If you want a low-and-slow cooker that gives a small amount of smoke flavor, get one of the other brands. I've used some of the other brands, and sometimes they leave me wondering why I didn't just use my kitchen oven. If you want one that gives a lot of smoke flavor and can sear, the SmokeFire is an excellent option.
The key is to read the directions. And if you're worried about grease, use a drip pan. I usually use a drip pan anyway for fatty cuts like pork butts, simply because I like to keep my grills clean and don't want to deal with grease buildup.
Bottom line, I think I'm going to buy one. Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 11:17:06 PM by SmokeVide »
Brian
Seeking: 26 rotisserie

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2020, 08:31:42 PM »
Right on! I’m in agreement with you!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club