Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Pellet Grills  (Read 28035 times)

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
Pellet Grills
« on: March 03, 2020, 06:39:50 AM »
Should there be a section for Weber pellet grills, or should maybe they be added to the gas/electric section?  I’d hate to see pellet comments in the sections for charcoal kettles.

There’s been a few threads already.

I would imagine if you were a pellet user, you might want a pellet section to find pellet discussions free of charcoal.

Troy

• Statesman
Re: Pellet Grills
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2020, 03:44:04 PM »
This has been on my mind too, thanks for bringing it up!

I've actually been considering removing the Gas/Electric forum section and moving that content back into the "weber grills" forum section
there's not a lot of dedicated gasser or electric talk, and those sections are rarely browsed to directly

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2020, 03:49:21 PM »
That's kinda the reverse of what I was suggesting, but I think treating them the same is great.

I imagine it is nice for gassers and sparkies to go to a dedicated forum and not have to wade through the charcoal chit to find the little gas and electric content.

If I had a pellet, it would be nice to find the pellet content in one place and not mixed with the charcoal content.

One of these days I'll restore my genesis and use that forum some.

PKSullivan

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2020, 04:10:29 PM »
I’ve got a pellet grill but I don’t come here for discussions about that. There are other places for me to talk pellets. Maybe other people will feel differently now that the Smoke Fire is out and Weber’s in that space but I see it as a distinct and separate category than kettles.

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2020, 05:21:15 PM »
I own a SmokeFire, for now, and would love to see a dedicated section for pellet grills.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2020, 01:51:40 PM »
So long as it’s all about pellets as fuel and covers modded Kettles and WSM’s, I would contribute.

Personally I’m for keeping the Gassers and Electrics on their own

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

SmokeVide

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2020, 11:32:55 PM »
I'd visit a pellet/SmokeFire section.
Brian
Seeking: 26 rotisserie

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2020, 02:48:07 AM »
Definitely need a pellet section
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution