Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Vent overlaps onto base of handle  (Read 3180 times)

tvt

• Smokey Joe
Vent overlaps onto base of handle
« on: February 26, 2020, 10:53:51 PM »
Weird observation. I picked up a mbh brownie a few months ago. I noticed the vent overlaps onto the base of the handle like the middle of the vent was offset. Anyone seen similar on their lid vents?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

GrillGuyMosier

• WKC Ranger
    • My eBay Items
Re: Vent overlaps onto base of handle
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2020, 05:48:30 AM »
I have never seen that before but I have seen handles not centered before
Text @ 419-619-6379

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2020, 06:19:52 AM »
Quality control oops !
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2020, 03:42:27 AM »
There have been a few cases where the bottom vents on the older kettles have overlapped the leg socket welds or been way off centered with the leg sockets, but I think this is a first for a lid vent that I have seen.  It is kind of wild how precise machining has become over the last few decades and how much quality control has improved.  It has become especially important as things have become more complex and of course no business likes their customers to go to the internet and highlight their failures.

These days errors occurring so infrequently might actually make something more valuable because they are so rare.  Look at coin collecting and error coins as an example. 
ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

DrewZ

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2020, 12:32:00 PM »
My Lime 18 has a bowl vent that overlaps a leg socket.  Interesting to see the same issue on a lid vent.

There have been a few cases where the bottom vents on the older kettles have overlapped the leg socket welds or been way off centered with the leg sockets, but I think this is a first for a lid vent that I have seen.  It is kind of wild how precise machining has become over the last few decades and how much quality control has improved.  It has become especially important as things have become more complex and of course no business likes their customers to go to the internet and highlight their failures.

These days errors occurring so infrequently might actually make something more valuable because they are so rare.  Look at coin collecting and error coins as an example.
Drew Z.
Ivory SSP, A-Code CGA, Blue 18" OTG, Eagles SJ, Snap On GA,  3-burner Genny Jr., Pat. Pending Aristocrat, 18" Tuck-N-Carry Midget, S-320, GGA

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
Vent overlaps onto base of handle
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2020, 02:57:00 PM »

Patent pending Texan. 

I have a 78 black 18 with a handle that’s off center. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 03:00:09 PM by michaelmilitello »

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2020, 07:27:05 AM »
My Lime 18 has a bowl vent that overlaps a leg socket.  Interesting to see the same issue on a lid vent.

Better just give that eyesore to me huh? :D

Sent from my SM-G925R4 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.