Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Performer v. 1 cross brace repair successful  (Read 1139 times)

rjfranken

• Happy Cooker
Performer v. 1 cross brace repair successful
« on: February 10, 2020, 06:19:38 AM »
I figured out how to repair my legs cross braces on Performer V.1.
You need two-1/4 in all-thread, pack of four- 1 in round rubber base feet meant to be installed under a storage structure to keep it from sliding. The feet need to be tapered with a screw hole in the middle and the all-thread long enough to pass all way through braces past the support legs. Also four- self locking acorn nuts, same thread pitch, you will need to secure them.
 Disassemble cross braces from 2 legs (save the black plastic washers for reassembly) and knock out what's left of rusted out speed nuts on the inside of each end.
 Pass the all-thread into brace. The round tapered rubber feet act to center the all-thread so the brace has a square footing to bite on the leg. Place hole of feet, with the small end of the taper pointing inward, over thread. Leave one side of thread passing shorter than other and snug taper into square hole. This will give you the wiggle room to reassemble. Pass long end into leg opening and set washer and nut on it. Work the short end into the other leg and from long end press thread further out of other side far enough to secure lock nut to thread (don't forget the washer). Repeat other side. Tighten up long end enough for a solid foundation to be realized. Trim waste thread on end and Fire it Up!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 11:12:42 AM by rjfranken »
Bob - Kitchen Technician

jhagestad

• WKC Ranger
Re: Performer v. 1 cross brace repair successful
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 10:13:19 AM »
I love a good read as much as the next guy, and Ernest Hemmingway couldn't have worded this better, but dang it, lets see some pictures!!
Wife: Let me guess... you want to grill again

rjfranken

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2020, 10:39:58 AM »
Attached some... Waiting for the upload? Didn't happen...
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 11:00:26 AM by rjfranken »
Bob - Kitchen Technician

Red_5_Wrangler

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2020, 01:31:14 PM »
Very nice! Frame looks like it's in good shape.
ISO - CMist Go Anywhere, the cheif, yellow

jhagestad

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2020, 11:44:03 AM »
Looks good!
Wife: Let me guess... you want to grill again