Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber SmokeFire Pellet Grill  (Read 691 times)

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Weber SmokeFire Pellet Grill
« on: February 08, 2020, 10:09:17 PM »
I joined a Facebook group called Weber SmokeFire Owners BBQ/Beer/Guns Share your Meats and Recipes!!!

No I don’t own one, it was created for owners and those curious about the grill. What I find interesting so far is there’s a lot of chatter about hot spots. I think it’s the only direct heat pellet grill and the feeder and fan are on the right side.

Probe test at 350

Left side: 345
Center: 363
Right side: burnt up the probe, likely over 400.

Biscuit test cooks show similar results with more browning/burning on the right side.

Anyone in the WKC have one delivered yet?  If you’re on the fence maybe you should check out the FB group and observe for a few.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

JVReich

• Smokey Joe
Re: Weber SmokeFire Pellet Grill
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2020, 04:50:16 AM »
I joined that group last week too.  That biscuit test is really interesting.  I had not heard of that before but seems to be a great way to find hot and cool spots.  Will be paying close attention. 

sonofabutcher

• WKC Brave
Re: Weber SmokeFire Pellet Grill
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2020, 08:45:09 AM »
I’m curious about them especially with the flavorizer bars and upward auger. I have the Traeger Timberline 1300 with no issues now for 2 years. It’s very even heat and 2-3 degrees difference with a Thermoworks Smoke. Hopefully Weber’s will be a home run without trial  and error like most pellets grills.