Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Hello again  (Read 746 times)

mrbill

• WKC Ranger
Hello again
« on: February 03, 2020, 07:54:03 PM »
Howdy folks,

I know it's been a while since I've logged in. Been busy with work and family stuff. Got a toddler now she's almost 3.5(plus my now 12, almost 13yrold). Finally at a place in my life where I'm trying to get back to cooking on the grills again. Still have buddy and my performers, the bullet and my stick burner. Have added a small pit boss pellet grill to the line up also. Haven't been able to cook much because I started working a lot of side jobs to pay some stuff off after the baby came. Got some of the bills knocked out, so I'm looking to get back to grilling and smoking more. Also, a little over a year ago, I lost my work partner to a fatal heart attack(won't go into that, but it hit me hard for a few reasons) and had a serious leg break a couple days later that had me sidelined for a long time. While recovering from that, had some issues and long story short, am now on meds for anxiety/panic disorder and trying to get that under control. Have also recently encountered a potential life changing event where we may have to move to a bigger house to keep my mom from being homeless. Not looking for sympathy(all things considered, I'm doing pretty well), just letting ya'll know why I've been away.

TLDR-had a bunch of life stuff that kept me from grilling/smoking, but things are working out and I'm trying to get back into it
Seeking New York Giants MT For A Price That Won't Break My Bank

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
Re: Hello again
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 11:45:56 PM »
Goodness . Maybe some good grilling and relaxing is just what you need! Good luck! Hope everything stays positive for you and your family!   

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2020, 02:55:27 AM »
@mrbill welcome back we are all family here and glad to see you feeling and doing better. Family 1st then grills
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

jhagestad

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2020, 10:36:37 AM »
Sounds like if anyone can use some relaxation by the grill, it'd be you. Hopefully, you'll be able to find peace again under a new normal!
Wife: Let me guess... you want to grill again

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2020, 04:25:15 PM »
Nothing like a long low and slow cook.  It grounds me and gives me time to think.  Welcome back bud.....

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

mrbill

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2020, 07:12:04 PM »
thanks folks, really looking forward to getting some cooks in
Seeking New York Giants MT For A Price That Won't Break My Bank

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2020, 06:14:54 PM »
Welcome from Chicago & sorry that you are having so many troubles.  Hope things get better & maybe, as others suggested, some relaxing BBQ would be good medicine.
regards,
Hal

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2020, 07:03:06 AM »
@mrbill welcome back we are all family here and glad to see you feeling and doing better. Family 1st then grills

Couldn’t say it better myself.
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!