Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: PSB  (Read 688 times)

TheKevman

• WKC Brave
PSB
« on: February 09, 2020, 05:08:16 AM »
I followed The Wolf Pit’s recipe for pepper stout beef yesterday. I seasoned the chuck roast with salt and pepper and smoked it for about 2 1/2 hours at 275-300 degrees. The beef was at 155 when I took it off, and the recipe calls to remove it at 165, but I’ve had success taking it off early.

I put it over the peppers, red onion, garlic, Worcestershire, and Guinness and covered it with foil, cooking it at about 300-325 for three hours.

My wife and kids wanted to eat, so I pulled it off and they ate, but I left it on the stove to simmer for an extra half hour until the remaining beef was able to be completely pulled apart. I think that extra 30 minutes made the sandwiches even better. It kills me not being able to complete the full cook on the Kettle though.

Does anyone know any good twists for a good pepper stout beef cook? Recipe- or Kettle-wise?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
A man who has an experience is never at the mercy of a man who has just a theory.

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
Re: PSB
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2020, 09:02:30 AM »
Looks awesome.   I do mine pretty much the same.  It’s a perfect meal for a Dutch oven.  I don’t do sammiches though.  We add rice at the end so it’s more like a stew.  Sometimes I’ll add equal parts beef broth and beer too. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lilyankee

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2020, 11:57:33 AM »
That looks delicious. Definitely going to give that a try. I’ve made burnt ends by pulling near the same time you did, cutting/cubing the roast and returning to the kettle to render down. Those are more of a snack thing, but could plate as a sandwich as well.

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2020, 05:24:45 AM »
Looks good. I’ve finished cooks inside many times. Life happens. The food still turns out great.

jhagestad

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2020, 10:36:03 AM »
Looks like a perfect meal to make during the winter!
Wife: Let me guess... you want to grill again

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2020, 11:18:23 AM »
One of the family favorites is that PSB! Your looks fabulous!

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2020, 06:29:49 PM »
@TheKevman I use sweet onion (yellow) instead of red onion.  I only use red, yellow or orange bell peppers, not green.  If I use jalapeno, I chop it finely.  The fam and I are not into jalapeno.  The fam loves the modified recipe.  We always serve as sandwiches.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;