Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Back in Black... A mid 70s Texan changes color  (Read 4383 times)

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Back in Black... A mid 70s Texan changes color
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2013, 03:19:18 PM »

Craig......

I was rootin' around in the archives like the warthog from hell that I am & came up with this little dittie I thought you might appreiciate right about now......

I love it! The place, the trading, the camaraderie, the ever growing info, that fact that we're eyeing 18.5 virgins and there's no consequence.... ;D Michael, you got yourself one pretty Master Touch. Marty, I can't wait to see more pics of the virgin 18. I have no issues with black kettles either, someday, I'm WILL have one in the stable. Just waiting for the right one to come along. I say, put on some Barry White or Marvin Gaye, fire up the '79 virgin and break it's charcoal cherry with some burgers and brats.

Comes from Michael Packard's intro where he trades Marty the Black 18 for the Red M/T........
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2013, 03:24:08 PM »
And I WILL post more pics of the pretty little 18 when I get it to home turf. Thanks for the memories Buckie!

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2013, 03:25:26 PM »
Nice looking Craig!

Craig

• WKC Mod
Back in Black... A mid 70s Texan changes color
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2013, 04:39:10 PM »
Thanks guys! Buckie, lol! Looks like this one was the right one to come along.. I forgot about playing Barry White... I may need to put on the 70s stations on my Pandora and play those on my next cook... ;D