Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber rotisserie vs onlyfire  (Read 2242 times)

MagnoliaTom

• WKC Brave
Weber rotisserie vs onlyfire
« on: February 26, 2020, 03:47:40 PM »
I want a rotisserie for my SSP. Is the Weber rotisserie at $180 that much better than the onlyfire (ss version) at $110?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MBH redhead 22”, Smokey joe AU, Q 100, SSP EE code, new 26”
Looking for MBH 26

Grillagin

• WKC Ranger
Re: Weber rotisserie vs onlyfire
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2020, 04:15:23 PM »
I have two Webers, and love them. I just looked at the Onlyfire on Amazon.  It seems like a pretty decent unit.  Lots of good reviews. l like the way it seals around the bowl rim.  Not seeing anyway to counter balance it, if needed.  I would prefer to have four prongers on the spit.  Hopefully someone with some experience with one will chime in.

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2020, 06:15:09 PM »
I use the CB roti and a tabbed Weber. The Weber with the tabs is leakier. I think the newer Weber’s are not tabbed and would guess performance is roughly the same.

I prefer the two pronged forks.

I prefer the Weber wood handle spits, not sure if these are still available new.

To me, the only fire looks nicer than the Weber. It looks like it has a counter weight in the pics.

I rarely use a counterweight.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 06:18:44 PM by ClubChapin »

Transit98

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2020, 01:42:29 AM »
I have the only fire and it works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2020, 04:00:41 AM »
If I were to pay near full price on a Roti I would go with the Cajun Bandit.  Sign up for their newsletter or Facebook page and they frequently have a 10% off coupon to try and help with the price.  If you are on a budget I think a few people here have purchased the OnlyFire and others have purchased some of their other products and been perfectly fine. 

I would only purchase a Weber Roti if I found one on close out or good shape used for a deep discount.  I think they are still fine rotis but when paying full price you just have to pay a few extra bucks to go with the Cajun Bandit and you now have a stainless steel ring.  Also, the Cajun Bandit Roti stacks with their Kettle Smoker kit meaning you can use the Roti to get some extra heigh while smoking.
ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

MagnoliaTom

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2020, 04:15:10 AM »
If I were to pay near full price on a Roti I would go with the Cajun Bandit.  Sign up for their newsletter or Facebook page and they frequently have a 10% off coupon to try and help with the price.  If you are on a budget I think a few people here have purchased the OnlyFire and others have purchased some of their other products and been perfectly fine. 

I would only purchase a Weber Roti if I found one on close out or good shape used for a deep discount.  I think they are still fine rotis but when paying full price you just have to pay a few extra bucks to go with the Cajun Bandit and you now have a stainless steel ring.  Also, the Cajun Bandit Roti stacks with their Kettle Smoker kit meaning you can use the Roti to get some extra heigh while smoking.

Thanks for this! I am not on a budget, per se, but I do want to spend wisely. I don’t mind paying more for the Weber if it is better (better motor, better fit, etc) but it seems like it’s about the same just with the premium for the name.

I looked into the CB a little at first but saw they were basically the same price as a Weber so I didn’t really consider it. I’ll take a second look.

Looking for MBH 26

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2020, 05:06:27 AM »
I have a Weber roti for my 22, It is over 16 yrs old and still in good shape, including the motor.  I have a SpitfireGrilling roti I found on Etsy for my 26er.  It is stainless and a quality product; I am sure Cajun Bandit is good too, based on the reviews here.  Onlyfire makes plenty of products, usually for less, but is probably fine.  Rotisseries rings, spits, and motors are not exactly proprietary and elaborately engineered products.   Whichever one you choose will likely work fine.
I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2020, 06:18:51 AM »
Nice thing about the CB is that it is reversible and works on a wsm 22 in addition to the 22kettle. It is worth noting that the CD with the second motor/spit location is leakier. Many fill the unused holes with fender washer sandwiches.

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/index.php?topic=44551.msg441790#msg441790

The motors and spits I’ve run across are all interchangeable, I have 3 or 4 makes of motors and spits and they all work with both of my rings.

Here’s a comparison of socket depth I put together.

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/index.php?topic=40988.msg407686#msg407686
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 06:29:25 AM by ClubChapin »

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2020, 07:54:08 AM »
I have the onlyfire & I like it. It does the job it was meant to do without any issues.

MagnoliaTom

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2020, 08:03:39 AM »
Looks like I’ll be getting the onlyfire. Doesn’t seem like there’s much difference between the brands. Thanks for everyone’s input

Looking for MBH 26

Transit98

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2020, 03:24:46 PM »

Looks like I’ll be getting the onlyfire. Doesn’t seem like there’s much difference between the brands. Thanks for everyone’s input

You will enjoy it. If your looking to spin meat over fire it will definitely do the job [emoji91]

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2020, 08:55:57 PM »

Good choice.  They all work about the same really.  Even my old tabbed weber works great.  The rolled lips will shut down a little better than the tabbed.