Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Bone vs. Ivory  (Read 2445 times)

Hubert311

• Smokey Joe
Bone vs. Ivory
« on: January 03, 2020, 06:04:32 PM »
Here they are. The non taco Bone and Ivory. Definite color difference in my opinion. I’ve always heard Weber changed the name at some point without changing the color. What do y’all think?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
Re: Bone vs. Ivory
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2020, 08:20:21 AM »
Nice SJs!  There might be a little bit of difference but it isn’t that noticeable IMO.  No matter what, they both look fantastic!  I will say though that my taco SJ came which came from France was officially “Bone” according to the box.  I am wondering if the name change came with the introduction of the 22” kettle in Canada as opposed to the introduction of the taco handle.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2020, 11:18:43 AM »
I think it’s very noticeable and pretty sweet!  I think I like Bone better than Ivory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

MadGasser

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2020, 01:48:02 PM »
Beautiful grills you have there!

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2020, 06:17:27 AM »
Nice smokey joes there.  I like the wood handles......

Bertl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2020, 09:55:22 AM »
@Hubert311 i also did alot of brainstorming and had them in comparison. My nontaco is beandnew and the taco one had been used a couple times. The Bone one is a 2009 DE code the taco i don't remember and was sold in 2018 by me. I also have a DE code Bone MT1 DE code and a new in box Ivory 22 and 18 Ivory. All 5 white grills have the same white.
On my opinion, i would say the name change from Bone to Ivory was the reason that Ivory sounds much better than Bone. The reason why taco'ed smokeys are split in Bone and Ivory.
The same happened in the past with the Coppermist to Chocolate with the namechange.
Too bad i can't tell you the exact year when they switched to Ivory.

Cheers, Norbert

Sent from my SM-G950F using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2020, 04:25:06 PM »

@Hubert311 i also did alot of brainstorming and had them in comparison. My nontaco is beandnew and the taco one had been used a couple times. The Bone one is a 2009 DE code the taco i don't remember and was sold in 2018 by me. I also have a DE code Bone MT1 DE code and a new in box Ivory 22 and 18 Ivory. All 5 white grills have the same white.
On my opinion, i would say the name change from Bone to Ivory was the reason that Ivory sounds much better than Bone. The reason why taco'ed smokeys are split in Bone and Ivory.
The same happened in the past with the Coppermist to Chocolate with the namechange.

Cheers, Norbert

More beautiful grills!  Love them Bertl!

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!

jhagestad

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2020, 08:15:21 AM »
Love that color!!!!
Wife: Let me guess... you want to grill again

KevinInStL

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2020, 12:24:38 PM »
I mean it is slightly different, but I can see why people would say they only changed the name, and not the color, if they weren't comparing them side-by-side. They are very close IMO. Personally I'm not sure why they bothered with such a minor change in shade.

All very nice looking grills though.
ISO: Dark red/crimson mist kettle (cooker condition). 18" preferred, but a 22" would be awesome too.

Red_5_Wrangler

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2020, 09:59:11 AM »

Cheers, Norbert

What was the reason why the SJs are split?

I have a bone taco SJG with the new items numbers.
1125004. It has the yellowish tinge the one pictured above has.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO - CMist Go Anywhere, the cheif, yellow

iBobEQue

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2020, 09:21:52 AM »
Where did you find the red wheel inserts and leg end covers? (The two items that are red?)

Looks VERY sharp!
18” Kamado Joe  Horizon offset smoker
22.5 Red Limited Edition Weber 36” Griddle

Hofy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2020, 09:50:13 PM »
Bone is pure white.  Ivory has a blue hue/tint to it.
EE Kettle, 1974 JBK-360 Key Lime "The Fairway" , DR Genesis Gold

Bertl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2020, 02:11:35 PM »
Those are Kettle Plus parts.
Where did you find the red wheel inserts and leg end covers? (The two items that are red?)

Looks VERY sharp!