Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Meatloaf Question  (Read 1304 times)

double_p

• WKC Brave
Meatloaf Question
« on: December 19, 2019, 08:39:47 AM »
Today is my last day of work until the new year!  Over break, I have a few bucket list grill items I want to try.  One of them is meatloaf.  I see lots of pics of meatloaf on Weber Kettles in the forum and on the web and there seems to be lots of ways to actually put the meatloaf on the grill.  Foil pan, baking sheet, on baking rack, aluminum foil and in a few instances directly on the grill grates.  What's everyone's opinion on the matter?  I'm leaning on trying right on the grate with a drip pan underneath.
Performer 22, master touch.

inkaddictedchef1

• WKC Ranger
Re: Meatloaf Question
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2019, 09:38:41 AM »
https://youtu.be/lraM7C4ZMr4

Hit subscribe and the bell for alerts... report back or ask directly on the channel what else you may want to see. Cheers!

Grill Therapy

Sent from my SM-G975U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

jhagestad

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2019, 10:16:52 AM »
While I haven't cooked one before, the only fear I would have of putting it directly on the grate by itself is that it might fall apart as it cooks. Several here will have good suggestions!
Wife: Let me guess... you want to grill again

SlickRockStones

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2019, 11:20:44 AM »
I go directly on the grate with pan under it. Have a nice long spatula to pick it up when done.

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2019, 12:35:39 PM »
I got my recipe from the How to BBQ Right YouTube channel.  Malcom Reed’s videos are my favorite. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2019, 12:37:51 PM »
While I haven't cooked one before, the only fear I would have of putting it directly on the grate by itself is that it might fall apart as it cooks. Several here will have good suggestions!
Form it in a loaf pan with eggs as a binder.   Place in the freezer for 10-15 mins.   It will form up.  It will not fall apart unless your transfer to the grill is rough. 

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2019, 01:45:51 PM »
I use a flat metal pan that has a lot of holes in the bottom

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

jhagestad

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2019, 06:39:37 AM »
Form it in a loaf pan with eggs as a binder.   Place in the freezer for 10-15 mins.   It will form up.  It will not fall apart unless your transfer to the grill is rough. 

Sage advice!  I'll know for when I give this a try.  I love Malcolm Reed's videos as well.
Wife: Let me guess... you want to grill again

inkaddictedchef1

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2020, 03:49:31 PM »
I always rest my loaf prior to cooking in the cooler... I've been known to keep a fatty or two prerolled stashed away for emergency situations.

Sage advice!  I'll know for when I give this a try.  I love Malcolm Reed's videos as well.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

SMOKE FREAK

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2020, 04:21:26 PM »
last one for me was in a CI pan. lifted out perfectly when done and excess fat was in the pan.