Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 26" easy spin grate for Slow 'n Sear  (Read 8043 times)

NurseWizzle

• Smokey Joe
26" easy spin grate for Slow 'n Sear
« on: November 29, 2019, 07:54:59 PM »
Anyone have ideas where to find something like this?
black Weber 26" with Cajun Bandit rotisserie, black Weber 22" MT with Cajun Bandit rotisserie, copper Weber 22" Premium
black GMG Jim Bowie Prime Plus
pink Humphrey's Battle Box

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
Re: 26" easy spin grate for Slow 'n Sear
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2019, 08:28:11 PM »
Anyone have ideas where to find something like this?
Unfortunately SnS support for all Weber products other than the 22.5" died about the time they went into the kamado market.  Very disappointing.

There is a SS grate company that seems to be universally liked here called Killa Grilla.  They do make a grate for the 26er that has a large side opening much like their easy spin grate.  However they go with a different philosophy when it comes to the grate bar thickness.  Killa Grilla has very thick sturdy bars that will last years and years, but comes with the downside of being heavy if you plan on rotating the grate for the reverse sear method.  They are offering a 15% off deal at the moment if you order 2 or more grates.

Link for the 26er SnS style grate is:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/577260505/255-bbq-stainless-grill-cook-grate-kg

Sent from my SM-G925R4 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

andrewshrm

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2020, 08:41:53 PM »
I bought a 26" easy spin grate from ABC BBQ back in April '19 when they were on clearance for just over 70 bucks.  I didn't really need it but, well, Weberitis has many unpredictable symptoms.  It seemed a little delicate out of the box, and after only a few cooks the hinge side was about 1/4" warped from the main side.  I just retired it to reserve duty after a good ammonia soak in lieu of some new 26" Craycorts that are now my main grate.  https://www.cast-iron-grate.com/cast-iron-grate-for-26-75-kettle-grills.html

JBonham

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2020, 10:35:26 AM »
You can take a stock, stainless steel 26" cooking grate and grind off the small tabs from the handles that hang below the bottom edge of the grate and it'll function the same as SnS's easy spin grate.  Takes about 10 minutes.

tvt

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2020, 02:30:13 PM »

You can take a stock, stainless steel 26" cooking grate and grind off the small tabs from the handles that hang below the bottom edge of the grate and it'll function the same as SnS's easy spin grate.  Takes about 10 minutes.

Yes. I did just that and have a spin grate that works well. Best of all, it was free to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Tbagley

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2020, 02:08:49 PM »
Yep, grind the nub's a bit on the factory grate and it will spin nicely...at least it did on mine!

View to a Grill

• WKC Brave
    • View to a Grill - YouTube
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2020, 04:34:41 PM »
I used the Craycort cast iron grates for my 26 also... absolutely love them. I like to spray them with oil after evokes to prevent rust... they are a little high maintenance.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
View to a Grill on YouTube