Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: To stuff or not to stuff? Turkey talk  (Read 796 times)

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
To stuff or not to stuff? Turkey talk
« on: November 20, 2019, 08:22:15 AM »
So i know stuffing increases cook time if you engorge the turkey. But what if you are just tossing a few things in for the extra infused flavor and not to eat?

Do you stuff or no?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

FuriousHobbit

• WKC Brave
Re: To stuff or not to stuff? Turkey talk
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2019, 08:34:40 AM »
Showed my wife the latest from Malcom Reed and I think we're going to give this a go https://howtobbqright.com/2019/11/14/stuffed-smoked-turkey/

The stuffing looks mighty tastey. I know we just have to make sure the stuffing gets up to 165 like the rest of the bird. Hopefully the rest of the bird doesn't get dried out. I'm going to see how this works on the rotisserie. Should be fun! :)

That said, this will be my first time stuffing a bird. And only my second time cooking a turkey myself. Last year smoked one in my camp chef smoker (came out amazing) without stuffing. Looking forward to trying it with stuffing this year.

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2019, 08:58:06 AM »
Showed my wife the latest from Malcom Reed and I think we're going to give this a go https://howtobbqright.com/2019/11/14/stuffed-smoked-turkey/

The stuffing looks mighty tastey. I know we just have to make sure the stuffing gets up to 165 like the rest of the bird. Hopefully the rest of the bird doesn't get dried out. I'm going to see how this works on the rotisserie. Should be fun! :)

That said, this will be my first time stuffing a bird. And only my second time cooking a turkey myself. Last year smoked one in my camp chef smoker (came out amazing) without stuffing. Looking forward to trying it with stuffing this year.
Yes his did look hella good. Im doing my first whole bird on the roti and i may toss some herbs, few onion chunks and a half a lemon just for that extra kick.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2019, 09:04:04 AM »
My only advice here is if you are trying something for the first time either try to test it ahead of time or cook two birds the day of. If you have a proven method then do a bird that way and buy another bird to experiment with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.