Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Stainless on a Weber gasser anyone?  (Read 4760 times)

therod

• Smokey Joe
Stainless on a Weber gasser anyone?
« on: November 28, 2019, 12:34:39 PM »
Just curious...has anyone pulled the stock grill grate from their Weber gasser and replaced them with stainless? My gasser is less tha a year old, so condition and durability isn't a concern or problem yet. I have been looking at putting a good stainless rack on my Peformer, and was curious if ayone was doing the same with their gasser. I don't have any problems with the porcelain coated rack on my gasser, I'm just curious.

SixZeroFour

Re: Stainless on a Weber gasser anyone?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2019, 12:42:36 PM »
Hi @therod

If you have a Genesis E-310 (cast grates) you can absolutely upgrade to the stainless grates of any other 3 series genesis.

Biggest reason to do the swap would be if you dont like the added tlc required on a cast grate (seasoning etc). Also since the stainless doesnt have a coating and is solid metal so you can use any kind of brush/scraper without damaging the finish. Cast does retain heat very well but is a bit more needy when it comes to maintenance and eventually will chip/rust.
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

therod

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2019, 02:39:46 PM »
Also thought about using stainless flavorizer bars...

ECinEI

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2019, 12:29:05 AM »
It's not uncommon to do both.  I have a Mid-2000's Genesis Silver B and have gone to quality stainless on both the flavorizer bars and the grates.  There is a person on eBay, rcplanebuyer, that's generally felt to offer the best product.  He can also be reached via CL in San Francisco, I believe.  His stuff is heavy and a little pricey but it's a get what you pay for thing.

There is a fairly active gasser forum on the tvwbb.com site.  My wife and I use gas more than we do the kettle so I lurk there frequently.  Some of the members there do amazing restorations of classic Weber gas grills.

Cellar2ful

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2019, 06:53:16 AM »
Also thought about using stainless flavorizer bars...

I replaced the flavorizer bars on my Spirit E-210 with stainless steel ones from RC PLaner.

In addition to flavor bars, he also makes cooking grates and burner tubes for just about any Weber gas grill.  Here is a link to his Ebay store:

https://www.ebay.com/str/rcplanebuyer?_trksid=p2047675.l2563
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2019, 07:20:08 AM »
I have an 03 genesis silver A that I replaced the bars and grates with stainless in 2015.  They still look fine.  Grill marks aren’t quite so good as the enameled cast iron but that’s not super important to me.  Durability is.  My bars were by Riversedge, which has good amazon ratings.  Grates by hongso, which is ok, not great. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evochuck

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2019, 05:08:30 AM »
Has some custom made locally for my Genesis 2000, quite easy to clean but they do really weak grill marks....to be fair I only cook veggies or really rush meals in it.

Sent from my MI MIX 3 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

rudeman

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2020, 06:23:54 AM »
I replaced the grates and flavorizer bars. I have a NG Spirit E310 and rust absolutely destroyed the originals. I bought stainless parts and dropped them in. Been smooth sailing ever since.
Rudy Cardenas
Belleville IL