Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Another head shaker...  (Read 2833 times)

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
Re: Another head shaker...
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2019, 05:49:49 AM »
For all we know, this guy's family tree is a straight line!

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2019, 05:57:50 AM »
Heres what I seen, pertaining to the lack of heat.

In the beginning of the video, like sidney pointed out, the bottom vents are closed.

At 8:28 We can see the OT blade covering the vent under the lit charcoal. That makes a 100$ difference.

Then at 8:50-8:52 he cooks food and we all can clearly see the vent handle in the closed position.

At 12:18 when the review is wrapping down the bottom vent is finally open and the weber is all fired up and smoking like it should have been the whole time.

You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

jhagestad

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2019, 06:01:34 AM »
Maybe he bought them all. Not sure how that works but I have heard that people can buy subs.

I never considered that, but definitely a possibility. I mean... the guy kicked the grills to test for "sturdiness". Normally, this is where the right side of my brain would explain to the left side of my brain why that might be okay, but in this instance, both side were like "oh come on!"
Wife: Let me guess... you want to grill again

FuriousHobbit

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2019, 06:08:02 AM »
Maybe he bought them all. Not sure how that works but I have heard that people can buy subs.

I never considered that, but definitely a possibility. I mean... the guy kicked the grills to test for "sturdiness". Normally, this is where the right side of my brain would explain to the left side of my brain why that might be okay, but in this instance, both side were like "oh come on!"
Went back and looked at his channel. Looks like he's a regular cooking channel rather than grilling or bbq. He's just not an outdoor cooker I presume.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2019, 06:15:03 AM »
I bet this guy would shave the hair off his back, if Sam's Club offered the Member's Skid Mark kettle in new Master Touch colors!

jhagestad

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2019, 06:50:42 AM »

Went back and looked at his channel. Looks like he's a regular cooking channel rather than grilling or bbq. He's just not an outdoor cooker I presume.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Agreed. He should compare kitchen equipment, not grills.
Wife: Let me guess... you want to grill again

View to a Grill

• WKC Brave
    • View to a Grill - YouTube
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2019, 08:09:31 AM »
I’ll have to check this out later.  @work right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
View to a Grill on YouTube

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2019, 08:57:06 AM »
Lol completely honest , i watched this review when i was trying to decide what kinda grill to get. [emoji1787][emoji1787] obviously im still here after his review.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

View to a Grill

• WKC Brave
    • View to a Grill - YouTube
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2019, 01:06:30 PM »
Such a bad video... I don’t know where to begin. 

I already had this planned as my next video before I saw this but...This weekend I am shooting a 7 or 10 tip video for beginners at charcoal grilling... my first tip... 1. Buy a Weber Kettle. 

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
View to a Grill on YouTube

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2019, 03:33:05 AM »
Yeah, this video was discussed in the past, this person who does this video is a complete sellout to anyone who will give him free stuff.  He's a clown and knows nothing about cooking on a kettle grill.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"
8 MBH, 2 WoodDale, a SCG, and other stuff, including Pellet grills.

KettleMaster

• WKC Brave
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2019, 04:21:49 PM »
CLOWN

Sent from my SM-G970W using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

DaveG74

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2019, 03:52:02 PM »
I swear, when I score a great deal on a 26" I'll stop buying grills... So often.

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2019, 05:03:20 PM »
I actually watched this video today and It really had my head shaking. Absolutely embarrassing.  This guy can't even cook regular burgers and dogs.  All you have to do is leave the vents open and use direct heat. 

Sent from my SM-G925R4 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.