Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Need new grate for a 22 kettle  (Read 3318 times)

vwengguy

• WKC Ranger
Need new grate for a 22 kettle
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2019, 10:18:27 AM »
I run a SS Weber GBS.. “heavy” with my Sn’S Plus 1.0 and my Drip’n Griddle and I have never thought of it as Top Heavy [emoji848]
I think of it as ballast making it safer if it gets windy.
I never move my grill by rolling it on the wheels!! That is the fastest way to lose control of it and then the top heavy weight will kick you in the ass.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
Re: Need new grate for a 22 kettle
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2019, 01:23:41 PM »
Would a Killa Grilla grate plus a Slow n Sear make a 22" kettle excessively top-heavy?
Maybe? Like another mentioned the only time it is risky is while moving it and if you leave the lid on.  I will usually remove the lid if I am moving a regular kettle because it is easy to lose the lid.  I doubt it would be a problem otherwise. Maybe if it was windy  it could be risky but any kettle on legs in the wind is risky.  I would probably use it mostly on a cart anyways.

Sent from my SM-G925R4 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

Transit98

• WKC Brave
Need new grate for a 22 kettle
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2019, 12:01:45 AM »
Get a Killa Grilla - I got one for my 22 and it’s great - Easy to clean SS, Heavy with a hinge for the SnS.

It will be the last one you buy, for that grill!

And No - My grill is not top heavy.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

BBQ Jack

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2019, 02:03:00 PM »
I have an SS grate with hinges that I bought on Amazon and found the SS grate is much easier to clean than the nickel plate grates. It will also last longer. The original cheap non hinge Weber grate that came with the kettle is very thin and gets no respect, but it is great when searing steaks over charcoal. I also found that it does the easy spin as there are no hinges. No need to buy the expensive easy spin grate, the weber cheapie does it just as good. No reason not to have more than one grate.

padlin00

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2019, 02:13:11 PM »
Got the Killa Grilla today, what a difference. If I keep the 18 I'll get one for it too. The original weber grate for the 18 is real junk when compared to the original for the 22, with the Killa Grilla putting that one to shame.