Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Chicken Parmesan  (Read 2290 times)

FuriousHobbit

• WKC Brave
Chicken Parmesan
« on: October 27, 2019, 02:59:52 PM »
Son loves chicken parm so wife and I thought we'd try it on the grill.

Chicken was pounded and seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder then grilled to 165 F.

After we hit temperature, placed the chicken in a pan and added some tomato sauce, sliced and shredded mozzarella cheese and some sliced fresh basil.

Broiled for about 5 minutes in the oven and served on top of a bed of spaghetti and added more sauce on top of everything.

Both my wife and son really loved it and kept going on about how good it was. Of course my son loves spaghetti more than about anything so it was an easy hit with him lol.

Also, I love how the crimson kettle gets darker when it's hot. Just looks cool to me.

Finally, wonder if I have a ding in my porcelain. Looks like rust spots. I'll check it out further when the grill is coolled tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 06:17:47 PM by FuriousHobbit »

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Chicken Parmesan
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2019, 03:59:18 PM »
I’d take a plate! Crimson is a cool color. Get it hotter and it’ll look like a plum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

racedvl

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2019, 06:05:49 PM »
Man that is looking good! I also have a crimson,  love the color change!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

View to a Grill

• WKC Brave
    • View to a Grill - YouTube
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2019, 06:56:35 PM »
Good looking dish.
View to a Grill on YouTube

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2019, 02:28:11 AM »
That looks darn good
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

crizpynutz

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2019, 04:46:07 AM »
That crimson is freaking awesome.  I love the idea of chicken parm, grilled, not breaded and fried...Think I need this sometime this week.

jhagestad

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2019, 05:57:36 AM »
Great cook - looks outstanding!!!
Wife: Let me guess... you want to grill again

FuriousHobbit

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2019, 06:19:34 AM »
Thanks for all the positive feedback guys. Really appreciate it. It was a lot of fun to make and had me grinning ear to ear that my family enjoyed it so much. I also like that it's something my wife and I can combine forces on. She's done 99.9% of the food prep in our house - she enjoys it so no worries there. But it's been a total blast being a part of that much more regularly, thanks to my Weber Kettle.

inkaddictedchef1

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2019, 06:38:20 PM »
Nice cook

Sent from my SM-G975U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Sussie

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2019, 01:56:07 AM »
Your kid has quite a taste and you guys have a touch!

FuriousHobbit

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2019, 05:09:46 AM »
My son has sometimes odd tastes. He's gone back and forth for years what kind of eggs he likes, or if he even likes eggs at all. One week it's scrambled, one week it's fried, one week it's nothing. Now he pretty much will only eat eggs if it's part of a sandwich.

He does not like steak! But he really loved the flank steak we made a couple weeks ago  :o

He will go for fruit before more traditional kid-favorite deserts. Watched him at a birthday party once where all the kids got cupcakes and fruit. All kids where digging into cupcakes, there's my son digging into his fruit! His cupcake only got about half eaten.

Broccoli, tomatoes and cucumbers are by far his favorite foods. If any of these are cut up and sitting out when he walks into the kitchen, he's snitching some off the cutting board unless you catch him first. He goes for these three things more than anything else I've ever seen. One of my favorite pictures of him is when he was 2 or 3 sitting at the table eating his snack. Previously cooked, now cold, leftover broccoli out of a bag. We tried like hell to convince him to get something else, nope, he wanted cold cooked broccoli and scarfed it up LOL

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2019, 05:27:58 AM »
I love my crimson and its color change when hot. And your li'l boy is adorable! Congrats!!
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.