Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Lets talk Turkey - rubs, spices, herbs, etc  (Read 765 times)

Familyman

• Happy Cooker
Lets talk Turkey - rubs, spices, herbs, etc
« on: October 31, 2019, 12:19:39 PM »
For the first time, I am making Turkey for the big family meal (~20 people).  This Saturday I plan to do a trial run.  I am looking into experimenting a bit.

I plan to use my 26" Weber to do the job.  I plan on grilling the wings, thighs, drumsticks, and breasts separately.  For smoke I plan on one chunk of apple wood for a little bit, but not too much smoke.  I usually like dry brining chicken with salt 24+ before hand.  But I may try some wet brining too. 

For those who have done Turkey, what do you like to do?  What flavors, hers, spics, do you like to add to Turkey?

View to a Grill

• WKC Brave
    • View to a Grill - YouTube
Re: Lets talk Turkey - rubs, spices, herbs, etc
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2019, 02:16:57 PM »
I love doing turkey on the Kettle, I use a 26 myself having all that Realestate to grill on is very nice.  Dry brine in the refrigerator is good but on Thanksgiving or Christmas I go all out with the traditional wet brine over night.  I do have a recipe for the wet brine on my you tube channel 'View to a grill' (shameless self promotion)... at the Kroger I shop at they have a poultry fresh herm mix in the produce department... it has rosemary, thyme, parsley and sage in the package... perfect to add to your typical salt brine. I can't really get ahold of any apple wood around here in Texas.. well none for free anyway.  there is so much oak and pecan around here I never have to actually buy wood.  Take care brother.

Johnny 
View to a Grill on YouTube