Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Looking to purchase a Summit Gold  (Read 1666 times)

Zrschaef

• WKC Brave
Looking to purchase a Summit Gold
« on: October 14, 2019, 10:18:48 AM »
Does anyone have any experience with an older 4 burner summit gold?  I found a heck of a deal on one but the seller says it has issues lighting and that it needs new burners.  I do not have any pictures of the actual grill but it looks like the one below.  Is there any thing specific I should check on it when I go look at it?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 10:36:10 AM by Zrschaef »

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Looking to purchase a Summit Gold
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2019, 10:43:53 AM »
@Dave in KC can help once he gets off of work, he lives and breathes these babies and is a nice guy
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Dave in KC

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2019, 01:08:33 AM »
Be sure to check the front of the fire box.  They are prone to problems with the way they are designed.
Also, the cabinet is notorious for rusting out.  I go out of my to avoid Summits for a variety of reasons,
but those are two of the main reasons.  Would need to see some pics to help you out more. 

Zrschaef

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2019, 02:19:55 AM »
Be sure to check the front of the fire box.  They are prone to problems with the way they are designed.
Also, the cabinet is notorious for rusting out.  I go out of my to avoid Summits for a variety of reasons,
but those are two of the main reasons.  Would need to see some pics to help you out more.
Thank you!  I'll be sure to request pictures of those areas before making the drive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Zrschaef

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2019, 02:37:03 AM »
Well he stopped messaging me back, I'm betting I misses it. They are as much trouble as thry sound maybe i dodged a bullet! Thank you for your help!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app