Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: How much do you use your Q?  (Read 17977 times)

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
Re: How much do you use your Q?
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2019, 02:41:16 AM »
Well let's see.  I cook on my kettle at the dock every single day.

Since we're in lobster season and I'm pretty much beat when I get home from the work this past week I cooked on the Q 1200 three times.

I've gotten some ribbing from buddies every time I post a cook from the Q.  The L word being bandied about and such.

I don't care though. Like Jeff said, the Q is a Charcoal guy's gasser for sure.

Variety is the spice of life-

A couple of quick cooks from this week on the Blue
[size=1.75rem]RECIPE: GARLICKY BUTTER SHRIMP ON THE @WEBERGRILLS Q

[size=1.75rem]
STEAK SANDWICHES ON THE @WEBERGRILLS Q
Posted on
August 13, 2019
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

Appwsmsmkr1

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2019, 08:52:04 AM »
Getting ready for the games. Lemon pepper chicken breast on the q. Fabulous!!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Appwsmsmkr1

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2019, 09:42:04 AM »
Take 2. Lemon pepper wings.

I wanted to see how many would fit. This is one supermarket size package seasoned with McCormack’s lemon pepper seasoning

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

AmirMortal

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2019, 08:00:36 AM »
I just picked up an old Q 200 about a month and a half ago; my first gas grill. I'm usually only cooking for myself and a guest, and initially my concern was that it would be to large for my needs. Figured I'd just use it once in a while to supplement my Smokey Joe, but honestly (embarrassingly?), It's just so convenient now that i hooked it up to a real tank, that I've been using it almost every time I cook.

It's actually about the perfect size grate. Once there's a chunk of foil wrapped hickory on the grill, plus the hobo style foil packet for veggies, the onion slices and mushrooms, burgers and buns etc, it's just about full.

I've also got an old (Ozark trail?) griddle that I'd picked up a couple of years ago from Wally world during a hurricane for use on my Coleman camp stove, and it fits perfectly, with a few inches of grill still exposed and usable at the front of the grates. Overall I wouldn't recommend that particular griddle because there flip side has a "grill pattern" that is literally sharp-it will cut through food as it cooks!

I'd still like to pick up a GGA for portability, and need to get a larger diameter kettle, but I'm not really disappointed in my Q200 at this point and am using it almost daily.