Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Kettle Values  (Read 9673 times)

jkolantern

• WKC Ranger
Re: Kettle Values
« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2013, 01:21:08 PM »
Yeah we don't need "red webber bbq $15" listings on CL to turn into "red two tone 1978 weber easterner metal handles, original rubber wheels ex+ condition no crazing $150"

I "fixed" your post Gummi.    :P
LOL!  I had that exact same thought!

Except its even more exciting to read Charcoal Grill $10, click, and see a redhead staring back at you.

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Kettle Values
« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2013, 04:12:41 PM »
When it comes to Weber grills I am more of a consumer than a rescuer/restorer.  In restoring the 1960's one that I got for free I was really unsure what to do with it.  I am not a huge fan of the 3 wheels, I like the One-touch system, also I am not sure I am going to regularly grill on it.  My wife will not let my yard look like Jeff K or Brian's.  In the process I asked Brian what he thought it was worth, he said $40, maybe $50.  With a SS grate, handle, sticker, parts and cleaners I have $70 into it easily.  Cleaners I will use down the road and SS grate I can transfer to another grill but you get the point.  So my choice is to keep it.  We'll see how long I can stick to it but that is what I am doing for now.  I don't think I could net $100 for it on CL so I will hold for now.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"
8 MBH, 2 WoodDale, a SCG, and other stuff, including Pellet grills.