Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: PG$E Saves Weber Grills  (Read 1981 times)

dazzo

• WKC Performer
PG$E Saves Weber Grills
« on: October 10, 2019, 07:32:29 AM »
Dazzo news wire 9h ago

In an unprecedented move Pacific Gas & Electric (PG$E) shut off power to 600,000 residents amid strengthening winds.

It is a very blunt approach to the situation as utilities malfunctions have been tied to some of the state’s most destructive fires two years ago.

My grills will be safe from fire  [emoji12]

More importantly, the kids were spared.

Unfortunately we had power turned off just after midnight, but my wife and I are OK.

California DMV will be holding remedial classes on how to drive when traffic lights are out.

If you are affected, be safe!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 07:34:01 AM by dazzo »
Dude, relax your chicken.

Walchit

• WKC Performer
Re: PG$E Saves Weber Grills
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2019, 01:34:49 PM »
Dang thats crazy.

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2019, 09:39:37 PM »
What they did was pretty ridiculous. PG&E figures if they don’t provide power, then they can’t be held liable for any fires caused by blown transformers or down lines. It’s lame.

One thing I love about Roseville is while we have gas through PG&E, our electricity is provided by a publicly owned city utility. It’s cheaper and independent.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2019, 04:02:36 AM »
The just merged our power company with the one from Kansas city, I'm sure my bill is about to go up

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2019, 04:38:43 AM »
 Is this just a taste of California wanting to become an independent nation, from the rest of the U.S.?

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2019, 05:23:28 AM »
Saw this on the news last night... WTF?!
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2019, 05:34:59 AM »
I just saw this morning that there are fires out of control already, said some trash truck dumped burning garbage in some dry grass. Stay safe you guys

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
PG$E Saves Weber Grills
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2019, 06:36:01 AM »
Is this just a taste of California wanting to become an independent nation, from the rest of the U.S.?

Hardly. Since PG&E is a traded company, their shareholders don’t like it when the company is accused of starting wildfires and having to agree to an 11 Billion (with a B) dollar insurance settlement for destruction that their equipment was directly/indirectly responsible for. In short, the stock value takes a huge hit.

So...they increased rates and will cut power in areas that might be prone to down power lines as they see fit to compensate. I foresee some type of legislation getting passed preventing them from doing this in the future. Not only does it cost the state revenue, but it puts sensitive populations (elderly care facilities, hospitals, etc) at risk for a health issue. Nobody gripes too bad when it’s 75 degrees out, but if it were 95-100 when people rely on A/C and they cut power, they’d be opening a whole other can of worms.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club