Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: WKC East-Coast Meetup Master Thread  (Read 1896 times)

MartyG

• WKC Performer
WKC East-Coast Meetup Master Thread
« on: June 17, 2013, 10:36:00 AM »
Chicago is history, (in more ways than one) and we've already started talking about when and where the next meetup will be. I've offered to host at my PA digs, (just outside a little place called Stewartstown) so all we need now are ideas as to when. I mentioned Memorial dayish as a starting point, but I know that's when a lot of you have family things going on. It's a nice time of year in any case, but it seems so far away. Maybe we can pull off something in the fall? I have room to spread out as needed, with a deck, a covered carport, fire pit area, a small barn, and four acres with a couple fenced pastures and a stream in case we need to put out any fires. 

Let's make it happen WKC!

Tim in PA

• WKC Ranger
Re: WKC East-Coast Meetup Master Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 11:02:20 AM »
I'm pretty flexible as long as I have a month or two notice as I'm not very far from you at all. I don't have any special Weber's and I'm still a rookie when it comes to grilling but I'd love to attend as I've been bitten by the bug. Finding a good location is the hardest part and it sounds like you have that taken care of. The rest of the planning should be easy. ;)

-2012 Black Performer-2006 Green OTG-2009 Q Gasser-

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 11:30:39 AM »
Every Weber kettle is special Tim! And if it's black, all the better.  ;D  I foresee the largest collection of black Weber kettles in one place ever. Of course, we might have to let in a few lesser colors if only to provide contrast. Chicago had everything but black, and I'm thinking it's time they had their time in the spotlight. 

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
WKC East-Coast Meetup Master Thread
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 12:01:04 PM »
Depending on the day and if its possible I could come. That's an hour away from where we stayed in Oxford pa last week. I look for any chance to come back home and see family. My son is 3.5 years old and they don't see him much. From Nashville it's 12.5 hours to your place or the same to go to Oxford so might as well come home for a meet!

"my kettle is more powerful it will do almost anything."
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 12:04:20 PM »
Sounds like fun! It seems like Fathers Day weekend worked out pretty well too. It's one of the few days dad get's to choose what he would like to do.

Bman

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2013, 01:16:08 PM »
I take the bike to Stewartstown for a day ride & back, so I'm IN!  Pick any weekend and I'll make it happen.
I've always had gas...  And now a bunch of kettles because of this place.  Thanks!

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2013, 01:39:43 PM »
I take the bike to Stewartstown for a day ride & back, so I'm IN!  Pick any weekend and I'll make it happen.

You better take a truck or van so you can come back with more than what you came with. Just sayin'  8)
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2013, 02:08:36 PM »
I would consider it. Not sure how much I could contribute in regards to numbers ... I have only 3 kettles, and 2 SJ's.
But I love cooking on them, especially low 'n' slow. Could also visit relatives down that way. I have lots in the USA.   :D
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2013, 02:50:21 PM »
Marty, this is a very generous thing for you to offer.  It's exciting, too, to think about getting together with so many fine folks.

Weekends are always tough for me-- my wife works nights on the weekends, and I'm caring for our kids night and day.  Plus one of my jobs has some weekend responsibilities as well.  But if there is any way I can make it, I'll be there.  The rest of y'all should pick a date and I'll do what I can. 

(btw, I'll only have room to bring one kettle, and it'll be red.  Maybe I can put it behind the barn or something.  ;-)
One of the charcoal people.