Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Flame Question  (Read 2701 times)

WEBERNV

• WKC Brave
Weber Flame Question
« on: September 26, 2019, 12:49:58 PM »
I found a Weber Flame fireplace for sale locally but its natural gas. Anyone know the process and or parts to convert it to propane? Did not buy it, but might if I can swap it over easy enough.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

SteveMBH

• WKC Brave
Re: Weber Flame Question
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2019, 03:45:32 PM »
Bought a NG one before.  Unless it’s free it’s expensive.  Weber has the parts.  You’ll need to tell them you have a propane version to get the propane parts...  You could do it cheaper if you don’t want to hang the bottle on the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

WEBERNV

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2019, 04:28:56 PM »
Not concerned with hanging the bottle like factory, perhaps a longer hose to put the tank farther away would be nice and would take up less room. Could I do a LP regulator off a genesis or something and change the orifice to LP? Any idea on orifice size?

SteveMBH

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2019, 04:57:58 PM »
I ran mine with fitting city and a Genesis regulator / manifold for said fitting city with the NG orifice.  Your not trying to get a nice blue flame off of it so it actually didn’t look to bad. 

I don’t recommend this approach but am saying it is possible.

WEBERNV

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2019, 10:02:04 AM »
Well, I'm gonna grab it for $50. Who knows, maybe I will just run a natural gas line to feed it!

jkolantern

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2019, 02:53:06 PM »
If you can run a line, you're gonna want a natural gas one anyway.  They crank through an LP tank in a couple hours on high.
I respectfully disagree that parts are available. I tried.  Ended up  buying a second Flame just for an NG orifice. You can run propane on an Ng one. You'll just have to turn it down.  Cant turn an LP one up high enough to run on NG.

WEBERNV

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2019, 06:58:33 PM »
I went the less expensive route and took off the Natural Gas regulator and put on a universal adjustable propane regulator with 10' hose that way I can dial in the flame. Might have to turn it down a little more, not sure how big te flame is supposed to be. Anyway, here she is! Pretty happy with the deal, now I have a wood burning weber fireplace and a Propane fireplace just incase I don't want to smell like camp fire when I go back in the house.

1spacemanspiff

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2019, 07:41:32 PM »
Sweet
ISO Yellow Offset SJ, Yellow ranger

Dave in KC

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2019, 12:44:13 AM »
Great work and pic.  I plan to fire mine up for the first time this season tonight. 

SteveMBH

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2019, 04:05:37 AM »
Ordered some parts from Weber last night.  Asked for some parts for my registered Flame.  They mentioned they did not have any without even looking it up.  When I called about it 2 years ago you could buy parts; regulators, side panels, top cover.  Wonder what they did with all of it.

jhagestad

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2019, 06:07:03 AM »
That looks awesome! Nice work!
Wife: Let me guess... you want to grill again

Dave in KC

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2019, 10:05:05 AM »
As promised, I did fire mine up Saturday night. 

WEBERNV

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2019, 03:48:38 PM »
Looks great, and nice yard! I sure do like to convenience of gas. Heats up and cools off nice and fast.

jhagestad

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2019, 06:17:52 AM »
dumb question - I assume the bottom doesn't get hot enough to pose a risk to the wood deck? I love the idea of having a gas fire pit that can be used on a deck, etc., but most have them imbedded in a table to hide the LP tank. I like how this one allows people to sit around an open flame. I realize these are probably hard to come by, but I'm just curious. thanks!
Wife: Let me guess... you want to grill again

bladz

• WKC Ranger
Weber Flame Question
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2019, 06:05:50 PM »
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 06:13:38 PM by bladz »