Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Portable bbq grill  (Read 1649 times)

jhonmiller

• Happy Cooker
Portable bbq grill
« on: September 26, 2019, 04:41:00 AM »
I'm new To BBQ grill, it was not common in third world country. recently shifter to USA. Friends are planning
BBQ with me. That's why seeking help, do you people could help me in getting the best BBQ budget grill.

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
Re: Portable bbq grill
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2019, 05:16:17 AM »
I'm new To BBQ grill, it was not common in third world country. recently shifter to USA. Friends are planning
BBQ with me. That's why seeking help, do you people could help me in getting the best BBQ budget grill.

Welcome from Plainfield Indiana.  What is your budget?   Weber makes a variety of product that meet a variety of budgets.  There’s also a huge used market on Craigslist, Facebook, offerup, and letgo websites.  You can find many high quality grills used at great prices that can also be negotiated. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FTTH

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2019, 11:08:52 AM »
Safe to get a Weber 22.5 kettle. You can set it up in many ways to cook like an oven or grill over high heat. Many attachments for more specialized cooking too. Not expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2019, 05:22:51 AM »
Hello and welcome.  It would be helpful to know your current location and perhaps a nearby WKC member can help. 

Your search for a “portable”, “budget” grill would steer me towards an 18.5” (47cm), but depends on how many people you’re feeding. 

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2019, 07:05:19 AM »
Welcome to the Wkc.
As MrCpho said let us know where you are located and there may be a few members that are able to help you out. Some of us have a few extra grills lying around sometimes.[emoji846]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

jhagestad

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2019, 07:51:22 AM »
Welcome to the group - you can trust these guys. They are very helpful and look out for one another. I hope you get connected with someone close by!
Wife: Let me guess... you want to grill again

KevinInStL

• WKC Brave
Portable bbq grill
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2019, 08:50:20 AM »
Basiaclly just to reiterate everything everyone else has said...
A standard 18" or 22" Weber Kettle is a great place to start, or a Jumbo Joe depending on how many people you're cooking for and portable you need it to be. 22 & 18" kettles can easily be bought used in good condition for around $50, especially this time of year. Jumbo Joes are a little harder to find on the used market but should be even cheaper if you can find one.
The Jumbo Joe is also 18" diameter, but it's a tabletop grill, so it has shorter legs which make it more portable than the standard 18" kettle with long legs.

Where in the US are you? As others have said, there is likely a WKC member near you that has an extra kettle they'd be willing to part with.

You can also look here: http://weberkettleclub.com/finding-weber-grills-on-craigslist/
as well as Facebook Marketplace and maybe OfferUp.

Welcome and good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 10:19:56 AM by KevinInStL »
ISO: Dark red/crimson mist kettle (cooker condition). 18" preferred, but a 22" would be awesome too.

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2019, 10:02:56 AM »
Yeah if your close to me I got a Smokey Joe or an 18" kettle I would just give you.

Welcome to the club