Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: When less is more.  (Read 12578 times)

MagnoliaTom

• WKC Brave
Re: When less is more.
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2019, 11:38:01 AM »
Where did you find those wheels?

I think they can be purchased at HD or Lowe’s.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Arnold-8-in-Front-Wheel-for-Universal-Application/4754422

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MBH redhead 22”, Smokey joe AU, Q 100, SSP EE code, new 26”
Looking for MBH 26

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2019, 11:38:36 AM »
He likely removed the plastic caps and drilled through the interior side of the metal tubing.  If you got the length just right you could add threads to the bar and secure it with nuts.  If I had to guess though I would say he cut it to almost perfect length and slide it into position as he was assembling the cart. You wouldn't need any other hardware this way and it wouldn't jiggle out of place so long as it was long enough.  You wouldn't even have to remove the plastic caps.
After going through 5 different frames/variations, i finally settled on a simple and classic look. 

What did you use for the towel bar/tool holder and how did you attach it? Doesn’t look like it goes through the square tubing. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G925R4 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2019, 11:42:50 AM »
Dang you all are quick and I should have looked closer. It was actually a combo of the two I mentioned and the added collars. 

Very clever Jules. V!

Sent from my SM-G925R4 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

Jtayres

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2019, 11:45:08 AM »
Absolutely a beautiful job.
Kettles: 2015 Performer Deluxe (Green), 2001 One Touch Platinum, 1999 Performer gas assist, 1991 Smokey Joe Gold (Green) Gasser: Genesis Silver B

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
When less is more.
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2019, 12:51:51 PM »
Where did you find those wheels?

I think they can be purchased at HD or Lowe’s.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Arnold-8-in-Front-Wheel-for-Universal-Application/4754422

Those are just generic mower wheels that are available at your local hardware stores or Amazon. They were actually on sale for less than $6 each but has since gone back up to regular price.
The hub is 1/2" so you'll either have to use a 1/2" axle or a bushing. Didn't want to enlarge the axle holes so i used a 1/2" ss pipe.  Cut it to length and used it as a bushing. Wheels spin smoothly with very minimal wobble.
Also, make sure to use a nylon washer between the frame and ss washer. Same goes with the wheels.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 12:57:41 PM by Jules V. »

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2019, 01:22:22 PM »
Your a real craftsman!

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2019, 04:31:22 AM »
I went and reversed the table lid so the handle is on the end of the frame. The deep pan in place of the charcoal bin is genius! Yeah baby!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

MagnoliaTom

• WKC Brave
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2019, 04:41:06 AM »
I went and reversed the table lid so the handle is on the end of the frame. The deep pan in place of the charcoal bin is genius! Yeah baby!

I like the idea of reversing the lid! Can you share some details on how you did it? Also, what kind of pan are you using? I think it’s a steam table pan of some sort? Size?

MBH redhead 22”, Smokey joe AU, Q 100, SSP EE code, new 26”
Looking for MBH 26

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2019, 07:17:48 AM »

I like the idea of reversing the lid! Can you share some details on how you did it? Also, what kind of pan are you using? I think it’s a steam table pan of some sort? Size?

A full sized steam table pan fits perfectly in the bin space.

As far as reversing the table top, you’ll need to drill two holes for the hinge rod

I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

jhagestad

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2019, 06:44:25 AM »
That is simply gorgeous! Nice work!
Wife: Let me guess... you want to grill again