Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Any one know about this 2019 Weber being available in the US?  (Read 6187 times)

blu256

• Happy Cooker
Any one know about this 2019 Weber being available in the US?
« on: September 25, 2019, 02:45:47 AM »
Hi, everyone. I'm a new member to the club today. I have a question.

I saw this grill on YouTube recently and wonder if any of you have seen it for sale here in the US? It's a 2019 Weber 26" Master Touch Premium GBS E-5775. Seems to have every option Weber makes for a kettle, but does not show on Weber's website.

The YouTube link is:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSpFPc-aNDI&t=15s

Prof.

• WKC Ranger
    • WeBBQ
Re: Any one know about this 2019 Weber being available in the US?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2019, 02:50:27 AM »
Hi, everyone. I'm a new member to the club today. I have a question.

I saw this grill on YouTube recently and wonder if any of you have seen it for sale here in the US? It's a 2019 Weber 26" Master Touch Premium GBS E-5775. Seems to have every option Weber makes for a kettle, but does not show on Weber's website.

The YouTube link is:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSpFPc-aNDI&t=15s
I don’t know in usa but in eu are available...there is a Little “problem’ with Hinge but u can correct the gap follow this video:

https://youtu.be/_AHxvHXSrZw
BBQ are never enough

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2019, 02:56:09 AM »
not a 26 it's a 22
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Prof.

• WKC Ranger
    • WeBBQ
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2019, 02:59:44 AM »
The two videos are 22”
BBQ are never enough

CatskillSmoker

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2019, 05:04:17 AM »
So spend 300 on a grill you get to take home and put together and then have to fix a problem with it.
Sounds like someone "Shit the Bed" on that design. Grate deal, think I'l buy 3. LMFAO. Didn't the charcoal Summit have this problem? Never buy the first year of any model of anything. Always have kinks to be worked out. I don't pay to help someone do R & D. That should be done by the company making the product.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 05:06:39 AM by CatskillSmoker »

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2019, 06:40:19 AM »
The Summit did have a similar issue and may still have it.  I can't remember if they just walked you through the adjustment or actually sent out another part.  I get why you may have to make an adjustment on something like this to get it just right, but it is a little annoying.  I would say that the spring system on the hinge is both an advantage and a disadvantage at the same time.   

Sent from my SM-G925R4 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2019, 06:52:52 AM »
So spend 300 on a grill you get to take home and put together and then have to fix a problem with it.
Sounds like someone "Shit the Bed" on that design. Grate deal, think I'l buy 3. LMFAO. Didn't the charcoal Summit have this problem? Never buy the first year of any model of anything. Always have kinks to be worked out. I don't pay to help someone do R & D. That should be done by the company making the product.
I can't think of any hinge that is end user installed that doesn't need adjustment after install, even a $ 500 door for the front of your house !!
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2019, 07:49:19 AM »
What ever happened to quality control? Does that exist anymore? Yeah, I agree with CatskillSmoker... spend all that money and have to fix it when you get it. WTF?!!
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2019, 09:06:03 AM »
That's not the only reason why you don't need a hinge. Here's a Weber Grill chef explaining why a hinge is a bad idea. I took this vid in Chicago a while back, sitting at the counter overlooking the kettles with a nice ribeye and a beer, and asked the chef to come over and chat about the kettle. The vid is kind of choppy as I intended to splice in a bunch of other stuff, but you get the idea.

https://youtu.be/lJDyIGUGD6s
Retired

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2019, 09:26:28 AM »
I think Weber tests all new cool products in Europe, before it makes its 10-12+ year(s) migration to the U.S.A. Maybe that's considered quality control enough, on Weber U.S.'s part. By then, many have lost interest in the

product, and moved on.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2019, 09:35:18 AM »
I know I'm not interested in a kettle with a hinge no matter how it's installed

SixZeroFour

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2019, 11:43:26 AM »
Edit: Fake News! Yes the GBS Premium model should be coming to North America for the 2020 season.

I do like the deflector and the inclusion of a charcoal ring but have mixed feeling on the hinge.

In regards to the couple issues I have seen from the Summit hinge, it seem to be more related to incorrect assembly while building as opposed to a problem with manufacturing. FWIW mine was one of the first Summits delivered and the hinge and gasket has sealed up great since day one.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 08:48:50 AM by SixZeroFour »
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2019, 11:48:21 AM »
I know I'm not interested in a kettle with a hinge no matter how it's installed

Yeah, me either. Lift and separate... Oops, that sounds like an old commercial for women's bras... ;-)
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2019, 01:09:06 PM »
Here is my take on the hinge.

For the Summit charcoal it makes perfect sense. It is a kamado style grill and all kamados have a hinge. Not to mention it is a 26" double walled lid that would be a beast to lift/hold frequently and would be an expensive replacement if it was dropped. 

I am all for a solid hinge so long as it functions properly, opens at a 90 degree angle, is solid, doesn't cause kettle wobble, and easily detaches with no parts than can get lost.  I would probably have a hinge on a daily cooker if it worked this way.

I don't get the appeal so much on a 22 though. The lid isn't that heavy and it could get in the way if you only own one kettle.  Almost all the rings, Roti, and accessories that are made are for the 22 and a lot of them wouldn't work well with a hinged lid.  Plus if you make it open to a full 90 a regular three leg kettle is probably a little unstable.

Now if they redesigned a 26er with a 4 legged cart and a good hinge that is a different story.  Only a few rings are out there for a 26er and the lid is kind of a beast at times.  I could see that being functional and worth a few extra bucks. 

Sent from my SM-G925R4 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
Any one know about this 2019 Weber being available in the US?
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2019, 08:28:14 PM »
I love the Unknown BBQ hinges that I installed on my WSMs however the lid design for a WSM is majorly different.  In terms of the new master touch premium, I like the deflector, charcoal ring and would live to get my hands on a couple of the igrill2 mounts for the WSMs mentioned above.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
"The Fairway" '74, 22 Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26 Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, Smoke, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!