Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Replacing small caster wheels with larger ones  (Read 1302 times)

jhagestad

• WKC Ranger
Replacing small caster wheels with larger ones
« on: September 26, 2019, 10:32:32 AM »
Hi all - we have a Weber Spirit E-210 that we use at my MIL's lake cottage, and we store it in a shed over the winter.  This unit (pictured below) has small caster wheels which are great for moving the grill around on the deck, but terrible when we need to move it 100 yards to and from the shed through the grass.  The thing is a beast to try and lift as the grill itself isn't really mounted to the base - it just rests on it.  Whenever we try and move this thing, it's a massive pain, and I'd like to make this less of a pain this fall.  I want to replace the tiny caster wheels with larger ones to make moving the grill between the deck and the shedd easier.  Has anyone ever replaced these caster wheels before? I'd love some recommendations (other than move the shed or store it in the lake cottage). Thanks!
Wife: Let me guess... you want to grill again

Dave in KC

• WKC Brave
Re: Replacing small caster wheels with larger ones
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2019, 12:28:52 AM »
I have no help for you to replace the wheels, only a suggestion to solve your moving issue .....
I would likely use a dolly/2wheeler/hand truck.  New wheels that will actually roll well in the grass will not be cheap,
probably not fit the sockets, and require some serious modifications.  The flimsy bottom platform
of the 210 would likely require some modifying with some reinforcement as well.
You could likely pick up a used dolly on craigslist for $20, and use a piece of rope, or a cheap $5 dollar ratchet
strap to secure it when moving it.   

jhagestad

• WKC Ranger
Re: Replacing small caster wheels with larger ones
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2019, 06:45:42 AM »
That's a better idea - my only fear is the grill falling out of the mount, but we could secure it I'm sure.  Plus my MIL wouldn't like the look of the wheels anyway. Thanks!
Wife: Let me guess... you want to grill again