Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Kettle Meatloaf  (Read 5043 times)

jhagestad

• WKC Ranger
Re: Kettle Meatloaf
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2019, 07:55:58 AM »

A good routine to get used too with or without the sns. I snuff the coals when finished, then next cook I give the coals a stir and light half a chimney and add to the unlit. It works for 90% of all the cooking I do. I like that your always working with a full bank of coals but your only firing up half a chimney which is twice as fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

I've done this on about half my general cooks (burgers, chicken, etc.), and it works great. I learned about reusing unspent coals on this site - once again, proving how valuable this site is as a reliable resource!
Wife: Let me guess... you want to grill again

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2019, 07:02:57 AM »
I always use RO lump. Love it, and it leaves very little ash. And yes, at the end of a cook, I snuff it out. Next cook, I sweep the ash out, light a small chimney of coals and dump on top of the remains from the last cook. Repeat. I have cut my charcoal usage in half by doing this.

BTW, Weber offers a small chimney, of which I use exclusively. The large one I have just sits there and screams, "Hey!! What about me?!!"
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 07:07:16 AM by hawgheaven »
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2019, 07:47:06 AM »
How do you snuff out the coals?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

FuriousHobbit

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2019, 07:50:28 AM »
How do you snuff out the coals?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

I've been sealing off both air dampers. Has been working well for me in my short time charcoal grilling.

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2019, 07:58:57 AM »
Yes, just put the lid on and close all the vents. Done.
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

jeepFisher

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2019, 05:15:27 AM »
How timely!  Our family just had meatloaf last night and I wondered out loud to my wife if she thinks meatloaf is possible on the grill. Very nice, thanks for sharing!