Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: No frills chicken legs  (Read 872 times)

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
No frills chicken legs
« on: September 19, 2019, 05:21:50 PM »
It had been awhile and they almost give away legs at the store. These were $4.50 for 14 legs. I used walchit’s sauces. Most were hot white grape strawberry and the hot ones were a name I can’t pronounce.  Both have great flavor!!

I cooked these direct the first 25 minutes and rotated every 5. The last half I basted in the sauces indirect high heat.  I would argue that chicken cooked direct magically makes them more tender, more juicy, better skin, and just better all around flavor.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 05:28:37 PM by HoosierKettle »

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
Re: No frills chicken legs
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2019, 05:27:28 PM »
Simple is better.  Enough said. Looks grate as usual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2019, 05:30:38 AM »
Yes to this method
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2019, 06:05:20 AM »
Ekwensu Ohca is what the people from that tribe are calling ace Ventura in the second movie I believe. It means white devil. Its heavy on the garlic and onions, with white wine vinegar, paranips, and ground white pepper. The chilli peppers used were a couple of white ripening types I had last year

i'm glad you liked them.  Did you get any twisted taco? I have a few bottles ive been meaning to get sent out, I will put you on the list

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2019, 06:12:10 AM »
The twisted taco is incredible!  I ran out of it in two weeks. I was putting it on everything.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2019, 05:56:53 AM »

Simple is better.  Enough said. Looks grate as usual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simple is always good but I don’t discriminate, I’ll eat sophisticated dinners just the same.

I’ve got some pork Panko im planning to use on my next chicken cook. And maybe some homemade sauce of some kind. I haven’t decided if I will deep fry in the kettle or grill fry.