Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: WHERE IS COOKING MAMA?  (Read 5701 times)

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
WHERE IS COOKING MAMA?
« on: June 16, 2013, 08:47:40 PM »
Where are you, you blew off the meet up, we were waiting for you....I'm not saying I want an explanation, I just haven't heard from you in a while, everything okay?
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

bryanw21157

• WKC Ranger
Re: WHERE IS COOKING MAMA?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 01:04:18 AM »
Same here.  I sent her a cga and never heard back.  Hope she's ok....
The only thing better than BBQ is more BBQ
Black Performer -- 18-1/2" Coca-Cola OTS -- Mini WSM -- 18-1/2" WSM -- 1997 Blue OTG -- 2014 Jumbo Joe / WSM

Cookingmama

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 09:08:02 AM »
i guess i owe everyone an apology.  im really sorry. 

i didnt mean to blow off the meet up, but it was just impossible. i really wanted to go and im loyal to WKC.....HARDCORE. 

its just that no things arent ok....really not ok.  i thought of emailing Jeff and Brian back... and even putting up a little update here but..... i guess im more depressed than i thought because every time i would try to start an email or something i would just start crying.... blah.. sorry. 

you name it....its happening.  everyone dealing with an illness.....basement flooded.....financial crap up the wazoo.... my special needs son cant get his therapies/evaluations.....and my marriage....blah.  its just me and the kids....struggling bigtime.   

again.... i apoligize....i really love the dynamics of the group here and all the members.  last thing i want is for anyone to think i am blowing them off....being rude....or ungrateful. 
ribs pre-boiling & reaching for the lighter fluid!

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 09:13:27 AM »
No apologies needed. Most of us (maybe all of us) have been in a similar place at one time or another. Take care of yourself and what's most important to you first. I'm sure you will. I sent you a PM, so take a look when you have a moment. Stay strong, and we're here when you need us - if only for a few laughs and some kettlesque eye candy.

Marty

Golly

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 12:31:48 PM »
chin up mama
just think it can only go up from here :P
GET ON THAT SHIT
WONT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2013, 02:28:43 PM »
It's good to hear from you Cookingmama, you mentioned 'my special needs son cant get his therapies/evaluations' Is there some way we might be able to help your son? If so that might take some pressure off. I appreciate you being open about things. Hang in there!

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2013, 02:45:50 PM »
Hang in there CM we are all behind you.  Prayers sent if you are so inclined! :)
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2013, 03:26:48 PM »
Thanks for speaking up, Mrs. Mama, and for being so honest.  I'm floored by your response, and bearing your burdens as much as I can.  Please take care of yourself, and like Duke said, let us know if there is anything we can do to help.  Folks around her obviously care, and any group of this size has considerable expertise in all manner of fields, from social services to basement drainage to insurance.  And probably even marriage counseling (anyone who can keep a collection of 10+ kettles obviously knows his or her way around some serious interpersonal communication).  ;-)
One of the charcoal people.

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2013, 04:07:30 PM »
The Weber kettle Club is here to help. Even if its just for moral support, please know that you have some people that care.  8)
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

bama bbq

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2013, 04:43:31 PM »
Cooking Mama, I don't post here much, but ck in from time to time.   I echo the comments others posted above. 

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
WHERE IS COOKING MAMA?
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2013, 05:11:54 PM »
Hey cookingmama I haven't been here very long but I wanted to say I understand the need for your son to get the services he needs. We have a 3.5 year old autistic son and I know very well the fight to get the services they need. Keep fighting and don't take no for an answer, if one says no go above their head. My wife had to use this way to make sure he got what he needed. It will get better!

"my kettle is more powerful it will do almost anything."
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2013, 08:28:48 PM »
Words of encouragement! It's good to hear from you Bama! Chasing Smoke, it's good to hear from experience. I agree with Mike, we all will do what we can, just keep us posted. ;)

bob hope

• WKC Ranger
WHERE IS COOKING MAMA?
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2013, 11:52:13 PM »
Yeah, keep your head up CM! I feel your troubles, I been having some myself. Just remember he never closes a door with out at least opening a window.

(=^ェ^=)

Because Here we are Friends. Here we are Brothers.
A family in the name of Weber.

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2013, 05:08:09 AM »
I'm sorry to hear your having some troubles.  We have all been there.  Don't feel like your all alone.  For what it might be worth everyone here is pulling for you.  I know these grills are just nonsense compared to real life problems.  Hopefully you can come here and take your mind off for a few minutes.  Please hang in there, things work themselves out...

Sent from my XT1080MAX using Tapatalk 2

Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2013, 07:15:29 AM »
I echo the sentiments of the folks here, and can empathize more than you know.  Hang in there.