Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: New (to me) Performer  (Read 1251 times)

Huh??

• Smokey Joe
New (to me) Performer
« on: September 07, 2019, 09:04:28 PM »
Hey guys!

Looks like a great site, so I signed up last week while I was still eyeballin' a Performer on Craigslist. I was able to get the grill, and have done three cooks on it, so far. It's got the model number 1427995, which seems to have been available in Crate & Barrel in 2013, but the "AU" on the lid vent says built in 2012?

Anyhow... I'm back to charcoal after about 12+ years with a (different brand) LP grill. Corrosion had taken its toll, and I was starting to look at a replacement during the past several months, when I started watching a bunch of different YouTube channels. I decided I wanted to go with charcoal, and I eventually came across this site. I can already see how easy it would be to "accidentally" end up with multiple kettles. I did have one other Weber in the past. It was a Smokey Joe when I was living in an apartment - I ended up giving it to my in-laws when I thought I was upgrading to something bigger. Live and learn, eh?

In case anyone was wondering, this Performer will fit inside the back of an '02-'06 Honda CR-V with ease. I just tumbled the rear seats forward, and took off the lid. I have no idea if it will be as easy in newer models. They're less boxy, and look smaller.

If it's hard to tell, my avatar is from the SNL skit "Tales From the Barbeque" with Chris Rock as a young Grillmaster who was cooking on a Weber kettle on the back of a sled dog team.

Thanks for your time, everyone. Happy Grillin'!!

MagnoliaTom

• WKC Brave
Re: New (to me) Performer
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2019, 04:28:57 AM »
Welcome from Texas! Be careful, before you know it you’ll end up with a collection of grills. Lol. I just got my 4th grill and I’ve only been on the forum about a month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MBH redhead 22”, Smokey joe AU, Q 100, SSP EE code, new 26”
Looking for MBH 26

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2019, 08:27:18 AM »
Welcome from Doraville Ga  sweet grill lots of fun here

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2019, 03:53:34 AM »
I'm jealous of your first post for sure.

DaveG74

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2019, 07:28:56 PM »
Welcome from just outside of Chicago, IL!
I swear, when I score a great deal on a 26" I'll stop buying grills... So often.

Huh??

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2019, 07:47:05 PM »
Thanks, guys. I've now done a successful tri-tip cook with my first time using a constant thermometer. If anyone is curious about trying one, Target has the Weber iGrill mini (single probe) on clearance at half price. $25.00USD, and I got the last one at the store near me. I just checked the Target online store, and it's still normal price, so it might be worth driving to a store for a peek.

jhagestad

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2019, 02:21:19 PM »
Welcome from Highland Park, IL (north of Chicago)! Love that color, my man!!!
Wife: Let me guess... you want to grill again