Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: New mods for my 22 kettle  (Read 1706 times)

jhagestad

• WKC Ranger
New mods for my 22 kettle
« on: September 07, 2019, 02:54:24 PM »
Based in no small part on this community’s shared knowledge and encouragement, I recently added a tel-tru thermometer and top vent handle to my kettle!

My mods currently include:

-Lava-lock lid gasket (gray)
-Temperature probe porthole and screw cap cover
-Built-in thermometer
-Vent handle for easier adjustments

Just a year ago, I would have never thought to make these game-changing improvements (let alone have the guts to try). I love seeing everyone share their successes and botch jobs as it really helps guys like me get it done right the first time! Thank you Weber community for sharing these things and making the grilling/bbq experience so much more fulfilling!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
Wife: Let me guess... you want to grill again

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: New mods for my 22 kettle
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2019, 09:28:43 AM »
Very cool, well done

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

jhagestad

• WKC Ranger
Re: New mods for my 22 kettle
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2019, 06:42:34 AM »
Thanks JEBIV!

Just one point of clarification - when I used the term "botch jobs" above, I meant that in the realm of cautionary tales, helpful tips, heads up, etc. It was not meant with any shred of disrespect. On the contrary, the only reason guys like me with little (read: zero) metalworking experience gain the confidence to get over the hump and give these mods a go is because of guys who paved the way through trial and error who have been willing to share their stories!
Wife: Let me guess... you want to grill again