Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: When less is more.  (Read 12579 times)

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
When less is more.
« on: August 26, 2019, 08:44:00 PM »
After going through 5 different frames/variations, i finally settled on a simple and classic look. 

« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 08:51:08 PM by Jules V. »

hemi_charger

• Smokey Joe
Re: When less is more.
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 09:12:56 PM »
Looks great ! That gen frame look the best !  I think I'm gonna have to track one down.
After going through 5 different frames/variations, i finally settled on a simple and classic look. 

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2019, 03:17:34 AM »
Looks great! Are you gonna do the stainless bottom table? Or your done with this one?

MagnoliaTom

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2019, 03:28:55 AM »
Man that looks good. Very classy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MBH redhead 22”, Smokey joe AU, Q 100, SSP EE code, new 26”
Looking for MBH 26

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2019, 04:03:33 AM »
looking good !
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2019, 04:21:51 AM »
The stainless steel collars on the axels do make it super easy.  I saw it on another build here and instantly incorporated it in my ranch build.  Looks nice!
ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

MagnoliaTom

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2019, 04:23:27 AM »
The stainless steel collars on the axels do make it super easy.  I saw it on another build here and instantly incorporated it in my ranch build.  Looks nice!

Can you share the source or a link to the axles and collars?

Looking for MBH 26

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2019, 04:37:47 AM »
http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-grill-modifications-customs/my-weber-ranch-clean-up-and-rebuild/

In one of my posts I share the source.  Please note that the sizings are different for the SSP carts.  They are 3/8" I believe, but if you go with an aftermarket tire you might want to get the axle size the same as the tire and just drill out the frame a little more.   I grabbed the axle from gamut.com so I could get it in stainless.  You can order them from Amazon as well, but be careful about the variance in length.  They had like a 3" variance on a 36" rod.  Probably won't make a difference on a standard cart build, but if you go big on tires it can get close.  If you plan on doing several then just order in bulk.  I think gamut was actually cheaper than Amazon unless you are in a hurry to get 2 day shipping.  The collars I just ordered on Amazon.  I am sure that if you do a search for similar terms to the link i posted it will get you what you want. 
ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

MagnoliaTom

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2019, 04:58:10 AM »
Thanks for the link and thread!

Looking for MBH 26

MagnoliaTom

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2019, 10:17:08 AM »

What did you use for the towel bar/tool holder and how did you attach it? Doesn’t look like it goes through the square tubing. Thanks

Looking for MBH 26

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2019, 10:34:38 AM »
I think its the same stainless rod and those little collar things like the axle. I imagine it sits about a half inch inside each frame rail. And the collars keep it from sliding out either direction. Correct me if I'm wrong though. I was already thinking about doing something similar with my gasser table thing

MagnoliaTom

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2019, 10:48:50 AM »
I think its the same stainless rod and those little collar things like the axle. I imagine it sits about a half inch inside each frame rail. And the collars keep it from sliding out either direction. Correct me if I'm wrong though. I was already thinking about doing something similar with my gasser table thing
Thanks. I kinda thought that’s what it was but I wasn’t sure. I’m going to do this to mine. Need to find some nice wheels too

Looking for MBH 26

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2019, 11:19:52 AM »
Looks great! Are you gonna do the stainless bottom table? Or your done with this one?
Yeah this is done. Slightly modified but still retain the classic ssp look. The stainless bottom shelf is a bit too loud for the ivory.

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2019, 11:21:56 AM »
The stainless axle are readily available at your local metal shop/hardware stores  and are cheaper than online.

Zrschaef

• WKC Brave
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2019, 11:34:10 AM »
Where did you find those wheels?