Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: The eye glaze...  (Read 1362 times)

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
The eye glaze...
« on: August 21, 2019, 06:39:25 PM »
Has anyone ever had people love your grilled food, then ask how you do it? Have you ever experienced people’s eyes glaze over as you start to tell them how it’s done? I’ve literally got to the point I don’t even try to explain anymore. Any one else experience this?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
Re: The eye glaze...
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 08:17:44 PM »
Seriously? Just say...”wanted to cook it well; glad you enjoyed it.”

Most people don’t really care how it’s made. Occasionally I tease: “I read a book...it came with the grill.” It usually gets a good laugh.

Jtayres

• WKC Brave
The eye glaze...
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2019, 02:22:44 AM »
So true. They get all excited to make it themselves until you get past step three. Then it’s way to much work for them.

The devil is in the details with great grilling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 03:53:12 PM by Jtayres »
Kettles: 2015 Performer Deluxe (Green), 2001 One Touch Platinum, 1999 Performer gas assist, 1991 Smokey Joe Gold (Green) Gasser: Genesis Silver B

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2019, 05:53:27 PM »
I love grilling, so, it wouldn’t matter, I would grill anyway.

Jtayres

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2019, 02:51:50 AM »
I do too. I spent many years just making it up and still am learning each day. I remember my first grill was an 89 dollar charbroil charcoal grill that I bought right before Memorial Day. It didn’t fit in the trunk of my z4 so I drove it home in the passenger seat with top down all proud that I had a grill. I loved that grill. Didn’t matter that the top and bottom didn’t line up right, I still made some decent food on it. But the key like anything in life is to keep learning. 

Kettles: 2015 Performer Deluxe (Green), 2001 One Touch Platinum, 1999 Performer gas assist, 1991 Smokey Joe Gold (Green) Gasser: Genesis Silver B

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2019, 01:20:41 PM »
Yep, that square shaped shallow thing. Some of the best tritip I ever did,was on one of those.

Jtayres

• WKC Brave
The eye glaze...
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2019, 04:14:54 AM »
Exactly the one! Makes sense that it would of worked for tri tip with the adjustable grate height. I didn’t even know what tri tip was back then.

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2019, 11:49:41 AM »
The one I’m talking about had a coal pan and was not adjustable. Just put the coals on the sides tritip in the middle. One of the best tritip I’ve ever made. Was bootyliscious!

Jtayres

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2019, 08:25:21 AM »
Mine was a square bottom with a domed top. Had a charcoal door on the front and the charcoal grate could be adjusted closer or further away from the food grate manually by hooking it on different height hooks. The charcoal grate warped on the first cook and never sat even again. When I got my first Weber I couldn’t believe how easy it was compared to the drafty charbroil. Here’s a photo I found of it in a family album from June 2011