Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: F**k up  (Read 2738 times)

Hollando

• WKC Brave
Re: F**k up
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2019, 06:11:41 PM »

I once bought a gas grill...

Sent from my GM1915 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
hah! +1

-H

Hollando

• WKC Brave
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2019, 06:15:55 PM »
Brisket this weekend.
Bark was great, flavour awesome, texture perfect.
What was the problem? Dry like my mothers roast beef. My wife had to bail me out by cooking in stock before serving to guests.

-H

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2019, 07:32:36 AM »

Brisket this weekend.
Bark was great, flavour awesome, texture perfect.
What was the problem? Dry like my mothers roast beef. My wife had to bail me out by cooking in stock before serving to guests.

-H
thats what wife’s are good at, we brain freeze, they multitask, and have bail pails.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2019, 04:46:38 AM »
Lighter fluid. When I first got into cooking over coals, I don't know how many gallons of lighter fluid I went thru. I put out some nasty tasting food back then with that flavor of lighter fluid burnt into the meat. I finally got the message from GOD Himself to sh*t can the lighter fluid. Never looked back...

Also, grilling in my bare feet...
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 04:50:43 AM by hawgheaven »
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2019, 05:05:43 AM »
Joining this club !! What a fork in the road I never expected
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

SMOKE FREAK

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2019, 05:42:23 PM »

Dang, dude...
I burned up the bottom of a lotta shoes and slippers but I aint never grilled bare foot...That's bad ass!

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2019, 05:45:13 PM »
Joining this club !! What a fork in the road I never expected

I dont think I ever grilled on anything with working dampers before I found this place lol.

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2019, 03:33:59 AM »
(Repost) We got a burn pit when we first got married 22 years ago and it doubled as a grill! Wow a two for one and it was a gift! ok a few hotdogs and burgers later I wanted brats! Well it was a damp day and the charcoal would not start! So charcoal lighter fluid will help this right???? NO!! Not at all! My sons godfather was over that night and how we all ate it and did not die I'll never know! That was my last time ever using charcoal lighter fluid!!!
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2019, 08:14:21 AM »
I was on a float trip, and this weird hillbilly chick came over and asked to use the grill at our campsite. She was cooking up ground beef for burritos. She doused the coal in lighter fluid, lit it, and instantly set her pan and meat on there. There was black smoke rolling over the sides of the pan and up over the meat. She then proceeded to keep adding fluid to the fire to keep the flames nice and hot lol. Pretty sure she even melted the plastic handle on her Teflon coated pan lol.

She asked us if we wanted a burrito, but we all declined.

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2019, 05:59:40 AM »

Dang, dude...
I burned up the bottom of a lotta shoes and slippers but I aint never grilled bare foot...That's bad ass!

Well, I had just got out of the swimmin' pool and walked over to the grill to check on things... never did THAT again...  :o
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

grillingsince2018

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2019, 06:24:32 AM »
A similar experience happened to me with chicken thighs before I owned a instant read thermometer luckily it was just my family however I have to hear take your time we don't want raw food when I cook something oh well some things are hard to live down live and learn.

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2019, 11:03:27 PM »
Just fell asleep while I was waiting for the coals to go out on the wsm, so I could bring it back in the garage. Wife woke me up and said she fell asleep too, and it was raining. I bumped a damper open when I brought it in, and it started heating back up. So now I'm up watching it to make sure it goes out, and it got rained on. But I had the jumbo Joe lid on it so that's not too bad, at least it didnt get the bowl wet lol.

jhagestad

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2019, 08:24:29 AM »
Oh man, I love this thread...

Well, as long as we're all in confessional, here are my top three:

3) first time I cooked ribs, I was young, super impatient and rolled my eyes at why one would need to put the work/time in to manage a low-n-slow cook for 5-6 hours. I was proud that I got the internal temp of those ribs up to 190F in just over one hour and couldn't understand why they were so tough and chewy.

2) known as the grill master, I made the mistake of trying to grill twelve 14oz fillets at once for my MIL's guests --to order-- on my 22" kettle, using a dual zone.  My MIL wanted me to time it so everyone would be served at the same time, which I didn't think would be an issue. As you can imagine, trying to manage that many steaks to order for the first time like that became quickly overwhelming when I was having trouble maintaining zone temps, doneness, and was getting flustered because it was taking waaaaaaay longer than I expected.  Because of the need to serve everyone at the same time, the ones who liked it rare were happy, but I ended up bringing 10 fillets back at varying times to cook them properly. I still hear about it to this day (jokingly of course).

1) using my mom's huge gas grill that had a broken ignition system - nearly went full Hannah Storm and singed my eyebrows while manually lighting the grill because I thought I had waited long enough to let the first round of gas to escape before lighting.  WHOOMPH!!
Wife: Let me guess... you want to grill again