Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Help Requested  (Read 2623 times)

MrTubaMan

• Happy Cooker
Help Requested
« on: July 30, 2019, 02:09:20 PM »
I'm sure this has been asked before but I'm a noob here and need some help. 

I'm trying to plan an outdoor kitchen to build a yet to be purchased 26" Kettle into the counter top.  I'm struggling to find plans to help me as I'm not super handy.  I do alright but would seriously benefit from the help of an expert.  My budget is low, naturally.  Weber doesn't want them built in due to the extreme heat.  My original plan was to build an island, pour concrete counter tops with cutouts for the grill and a sink.  I just don't know where to go from there.

Thoughts are welcomed!!

DaveG74

• WKC Ranger
Re: Help Requested
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 11:36:10 AM »
check out this guy he makes it look easy. https://www.diypete.com/patio-bar-plans/
I swear, when I score a great deal on a 26" I'll stop buying grills... So often.

MrTubaMan

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2019, 01:39:48 PM »
I'll check it out.  Thank you!

Tomeda19

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 06:57:36 PM »
Look up Pinterest  some great idea and plans or you ti be  outdoor kitchen and kettle bench

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2019, 03:23:32 AM »
@MrTubaMan
I built a dual OTP and used the top pipe of a chain-link fence and used Granite as the counter top. This is the link and build plans http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-grill-modifications-customs/old-custom-dual-otp-pictures/msg349821/#msg349821

I know it could be done it with 26" grill.

So the best thing I can tell you get a good buddy, a case of beer, and paper and pencil. *** Important *** This must be don in this order!

1. Buy Beer - To entice said buddy to come over
2. Call Buddy and invite over for beer - The bait set he will come over
3. Drink beers - Its hard to talk if you have a dry mouth
4. Start writing down what you want in the perfect outdoor kitchen - The plan begins
5. Drink more beer - To Reward yourselves for even remembering why you are there
6. Figure out what you really want on the grill station if you had all the money in the world to spend. - Don't order anything when drinking (Keep Cell and Credit card in house)
7. Downgrade what you really need to. - You remember we don't have that type of cash
8. Drink more beer. - Forget you don't have that money
9. Remember what you where writing down.
10. Wake up next morning and remember your buddy passed out in the garage.
11. Go to garage and wake him up and find paper that you put all you notes down on.
12. Try to decipherer what you put down after drinking a case of beer.
13. Repeat next night with a 12 pack of beer instead of a case.
14. Do this until you can read what you put on the paper.
15. Build the damn thing and when people say "Why?" Say "Why NOT!"

I hope this helps. Have fun I sure the hell did.
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2019, 03:49:54 AM »
@Shoestringshop that is a perfect recipe for a table build
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Marks Meats

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2019, 11:45:58 AM »
I found a dude on you tube... Micheal builds that shows how to make a killer cement table top!  Im making one this winter with a molded hole for my 22" kettle. Will post when done for sure.  Go check him out. He is inspiring!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app