Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Peruvian chicken recipe from the 2019 WKC Chicago meet up  (Read 3085 times)

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
Re: Peruvian chicken recipe from the 2019 WKC Chicago meet up
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2019, 04:09:17 AM »
Retired

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2019, 04:13:32 AM »
Whoa! Get outta here with that oven talk!

Haha When it is -10 degrees I am only getting the grill out if the power is out and I am about to die from the cold!
ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2019, 11:16:46 AM »
Nice

My mind immediately went to that famous quote from the hit ‘Hitler Finds a Yellow MBH on CL’

But now that post is either missing or off limits to me.

Something along the lines of “it’s OK, we still have the oven”
Dude, relax your chicken.

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2019, 11:53:46 AM »
Hmmmmm.   Wonder if this would do well with boneless breast ?

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2019, 12:01:55 PM »
I actually cooked boneless chicken breast.  I think I will have to try it another time with a whole chicken on a rotisserie.

Excuse the make shift lifted grate with my kettle pizza.  If you try doing your this way I wouldn't recommend putting the lid on as it captured too much heat and I ended up burning it a little bit.  I used one heaping chimney of regular charcoal in two charcoal baskets in the center.  That could have also contributed it to the burning. It may not have been burning as hot spread out.  I could have probably cooked another 2 to 4 chicken breasts this way.  If you are filling the whole grill top the original recommendation of 1.5 to 2 chimneys seems spot on.

Sent from my SM-G925R4 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 12:10:29 PM by ReanimatedRobot »
ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2019, 04:27:21 PM »
I actually cooked boneless chicken breast.  I think I will have to try it another time with a whole chicken on a rotisserie.

Excuse the make shift lifted grate with my kettle pizza.  If you try doing your this way I wouldn't recommend putting the lid on as it captured too much heat and I ended up burning it a little bit.  I used one heaping chimney of regular charcoal in two charcoal baskets in the center.  That could have also contributed it to the burning. It may not have been burning as hot spread out.  I could have probably cooked another 2 to 4 chicken breasts this way.  If you are filling the whole grill top the original recommendation of 1.5 to 2 chimneys seems spot on.

Thanks.   I think I might give this a go with my Caliente stacker (kind of Santa Maria grill in reverse.  Instead of the food grate moving up and down, I can raise and lower my charcoal grate.)

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2019, 06:40:21 PM »

Thanks.   I think I might give this a go with my Caliente stacker (kind of Santa Maria grill in reverse.  Instead of the food grate moving up and down, I can raise and lower my charcoal grate.)

avega2792

• WKC Brave
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2019, 12:30:56 PM »
The video I got the recipe from was actually cooked in an oven, but I like the smokey notes you get from charcoal. I’ve done this a few times since, with the lid on and without, and it cooks more evenly with the lid on. Either with or without the lid you  have to keep an eye on it and turn it frequently to avoid burning it.  Glad you enjoyed it!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club