Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Hello WKC  (Read 902 times)

BigBmbooBBQ

• Happy Cooker
Hello WKC
« on: July 11, 2019, 08:59:49 AM »
Good Afternoon from Parker County TX...I stumbled upon your forum while doing a search for some kettle information.  I look forward to sharing experiences as well as learning from you all...

Thanks for putting this site together and for keeping it alive.

So in addition to a big hello to all I do have a question for the "restorers" in the group...I have found a 26 3/4" Weber Kettle from circa 1975...I am not sure of the exact production date as I am not at home at the moment.  However, the lid does have wood handles, the ash catcher is a flimsy piece of light weight metal which kind of hooks around the tri-pod legs.  The top vent read "Bar B Q Kettle" not Weber...and the bottom vents are the dials, similar to the top vent.  Anyway, Weber no longer carries parts...I am looking for the cooking and charcoal grates.  I did get part numbers from Weber, #71201 Cooking Grate and #73101 Charcoal Grate.  Does anyone on the forum know of any sites which might stock the old Weber parts?  Or maybe someone is aware of another grill manufacturers parts which will work in place of the OEM parts??

I appreciate anyone's thoughts and comments...and again...Thanks for the forum...     

Cellar2ful

Re: Hello WKC
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 11:31:37 AM »
First off, welcome to the Forum.Weber still carries the cooking and charcoal grates for vintage 26" kettles.  You have to call Weber Customer Service (800-446-1071) to order them.  The cooking grates are plated just like the standard 22" cooking grates that Weber sells.

Here's the part numbers:

cooking grate - 66910 (24.5")

charcoal grate - 66911

Another option for a cooking grate is to order a stainless steel one from Killa Grilla. They are massive.

https://squareup.com/store/killagrilla/item/bbq-stainless-cook-grate-kg-sns-for-vintage-weber-doors      (two hinged door style  11 lbs)

https://squareup.com/store/killagrilla/item/kg-standard-cook-grate            (fixed grate - no doors  9 lbs)

https://squareup.com/store/killagrilla/item/kg-dr-cook-grate                     (single door style to fit a Slow N Sear  11 lbs)

The "flimsy" type twist on ash pan is what came original with the 26"ers.  You can find a your grill on page 4 of the 1969 Weber catalog.   It was called a Fleetwood.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 11:49:30 AM by Cellar2ful »
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2019, 11:47:25 AM »
Welcome from Doraville,Ga lots of fun and help here @Cellar2ful is a grate source for info and he is retired and has nothing else to do LOL  !!!!
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Cellar2ful

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2019, 11:56:16 AM »
Welcome from Doraville,Ga lots of fun and help here @Cellar2ful is a grate source for info and he is retired and has nothing else to do LOL  !!!!

Hey, I had to prune my tomato plants today (que the Godfather seen with Don Vito Corleone stumbling through his tomato plants).
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

BigBmbooBBQ

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2019, 01:16:22 PM »
Thanks Cellar2ful  !!!!   I appreciate the response and suggestions...

I did call Weber and they told me they no longer support the old 26"  I'll try again tomorrow, as I know the Weber Support Line is a manned by  call center who cover multiple industries (i.e. Land's End) so maybe I got someone who is new to the OLD Kettles...

The woman I spoke to gave me part numbers (#71201 Cooking Grate and #73101 Charcoal Grate) and eluded to the fact the the new 26 inchers won't fit and that I was SOL from Weber. 

I'll try tomorrow with the part numbers you provided.  And thanks for confirming the model & year...most helpful 

Gracias...

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2019, 02:24:43 PM »
Welcome from Virginia Beach, VA.

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2019, 08:37:15 PM »
Welcome to the club!!!

Greetings from Greendale, WI.  Restoring a vintage 26 is a grate way to start on this forum.  Wish you luck finding the necessary parts to get ‘er back into grate shape. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2019, 07:51:41 PM »
Sorry for the late howdy, it's been a VERY hectic summer here in Eugene.  That being said; I think the CS rep might be right in her info.  I have a later issue "flat-top" and the newer 26 in'er cooking grate wont fit my flat-top.  For a while there was someone offering the correct size, but (here is the bad news) they are out of business.
Maybe one of the members can hook u up with one of those.  These guys are incredible  ...  meaning I got one from a member for my grill.
If I hear of any, I'll let you know.

SJ
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

DaveG74

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2019, 06:51:32 AM »
Welcome from just outside of Chicago, IL!
I swear, when I score a great deal on a 26" I'll stop buying grills... So often.