Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Simultaneously using Weber accessories  (Read 879 times)

Cellar2ful

Simultaneously using Weber accessories
« on: July 10, 2019, 07:05:59 PM »
Saw a posting on a FB site where a guy incorporated using his Corn & Tater ring while using a rotisserie.  I picked up a C & T ring quite a while back in a trade with @LiquidOcelot and use it frequently. I planned on spinning a chicken on the rotisserie and the wife was going to grill fresh corn on the E-210 gasser.  Figured it was as good a time as any to try and use them simultaneously. At the same time, thought I would try cooking the corn with the husks removed and no foil wrap.  I wanted to see how a little apple wood smoke would affect the corn.  Four ears was all I could fit with the husks removed. Trying to cook more would have placed the corn directly over the coals or would interfere with the chicken spinning.

Pulled the corn after 25 minutes by just pulling it off the C & T ring with tongs. Came off with no effort, real easy and quick.

Came out perfect. No dried or shriveled kernels and had a slight, sweet smoke essence. If you try this, go real easy on the amount of smoke wood.  The corn picks up the smoke flavor quickly and does not require very much.

During the summer, we cook a bunch of extra corn, cut it off the cobs and freeze it. I just spread the cut off corn on a baking sheet and place the entire baking sheet in the freezer.  The next day I just scrape off the kernels with a spatula and slide them into a zip lock bag.  They freeze much better this way without clumping and freezing together. We then have corn to use the rest of the year for stews, soups, tacos and fritadas or anything we want to add a little sweetness to. 

Oh, the chicken came out perfect. Ran it for 40 minutes more after removing the corn to an internal breast temp of 157 degrees.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 08:10:15 PM by Cellar2ful »
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
Re: Simultaneously using Weber accessories
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2019, 07:08:42 PM »
Did this not long ago also. All about maximizing space in a small area. Looks like it came out great

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2019, 07:09:57 PM »
Excellent! I'm gonna try that pretty soon.
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2019, 03:00:19 AM »
looks really good, I should dig out my c-n-t
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2019, 03:19:26 AM »
Your roti chickens and turkeys always look perfect!  I’m more of a boiled corn guy but we cut off and freeze corn too.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2019, 08:41:00 AM »
Thanks for the tip.
regards,
Hal

DellJones

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2019, 11:01:27 PM »
Nice!!! I’m going to try this [emoji41][emoji1474][emoji1474]

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

foshizzle

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2019, 06:23:52 AM »
Great write up and tips.  Looks really good. I’m thinking you can also put baked potatoes wrapped in foil on the ring directly over the coals. [emoji106].

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2019, 06:36:15 AM »
I'll often leave the cooking grate on & throw potatoes wrapped in foil underneath the rotating chicken.  I usually have a pan "in the basement" to catch drippings, so I don't put them in the drippings.  If some falls on the foil, I don't mind.  I usually place the foil "seam" on the bottom side.  Sometimes, I'll throw even throw sausages or some other meat underneath the chicken when the chicken is partway done.

Great write up and tips.  Looks really good. I’m thinking you can also put baked potatoes wrapped in foil on the ring directly over the coals. [emoji106].

regards,
Hal

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2019, 12:51:35 PM »
Here's some options.