Author Topic: Ranch  (Read 1818 times)

Lemans

• WKC Ranger
Ranch
« on: July 06, 2019, 02:57:46 PM »
I use my Ranch once a year. My wife said I should sell I and by something else
What do you think??
I can't stop lovin my Weber!!!
2-22 WSM, 22.5 gold, 22.5 MT code EE Red Head ,22.5 AH in Green ,18 silver , Green SSP code EI,Weber Ranch,mini WSM black,4-smokey joes black, lime, copper, crimson Sjg  IQ120 electric 22.5 silver economy 2004..that makes 15. I know WEBERITIS !!

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
Ranch
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2019, 03:14:34 PM »
Depends.  Does buy something else mean more kettles?   [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
Re: Ranch
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2019, 09:29:28 PM »
One of the best Weber decisions I’ve ever made was to sell my Ranch and buy a second 26. I enjoy cooking on the 26’er so much more.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2019, 10:55:47 PM »
I’ll trade for my copper 22”....jk

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2019, 12:57:13 PM »
Depends on your usage. If you don't do large cooks maybe you would be better doing a trade or sell for one or two 26s.  I know a lot of people love the 26 if you are doing large briskets or cooking for small get togethers.

I just got my ranch and I am itching for a party.  Time for some serious zone cooking that I could never do before with two 22s. In the summer time we frequently have friends over with groups of 8 or more and like to cook sides on the grill.  We also have a lot of family get togethers with 20 plus people.  I managed it on my 22s but it was always a battle for space.

Sent from my SM-G925R4 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2019, 06:48:14 PM »
You should always listen to your wife. Either that or put her on the damn Ranch and be done with it.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

Brain_STL

• WKC Ranger
Ranch
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2019, 07:27:51 PM »
I bought my ranch specifically for the tailgate I do for 150ish people and my work picnic for 200 people. I doubt I’d have it for anything else. My 26 with a slow & sear is the best thing ever!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 07:38:57 PM by Brain_STL »

TheFinkFarm

• WKC Brave
    • My YouTube channel.
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2020, 10:52:30 PM »
What did you end up doing?
22.5" Blue OTG, Black SJ, Lime Green SJ X 2, Brick Red Performer, Outlaw Red 22" daisy wheel, Ivory MT, LE Red MT, Spring Green MT, Slate MT, Smoke MT.
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheFinkFarm

hdfry

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2020, 04:34:44 PM »
I speak from personal experience but what works for me might not be good for you. I owned my Ranch Kettle for a year or so and realized I was wasting space with that wonderful monster. My wife was very supportive but I decided I needed a change. I found a fine buyer from this very forum. He is a man with multiple kettles so he knew what he was getting... and he drove two hours to get here. He got a good deal and I feel I was treated fairly as well. For a replacement, I was going to go for the 26" kettle but there is an 8-10 week wait time to get one today. So, I bought the 22 1/2 kettle and I love it. I bought the vortex and a beer can chicken holder. Just got the new BBQ today and tried it out with both of those items. Wonderful result. And, I can open and close the new kettle with one hand and not worry about disturbing the neighbors with the crashing sound the Ranch created. I'm definitely not looking back with any remorse. Good luck!