Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Fireplace Help  (Read 354 times)

DR_Web

• Happy Cooker
Weber Fireplace Help
« on: June 30, 2019, 12:48:12 PM »
Hello!

I'll start by saying hello as I'm a new member, but more importantly a new Weber owner. Although I'm waiting until autumn to buy my first Weber BBQ the Weber® Master-Touch® GBS® Premium E-5775 57cm, I today bought a Weber Fireplace 2750, Im in love!

Honestly I opened the box and it was the most well packed item I have bought in terms of bbq and firepits, the box was well laid out and it had a decent manual with it. Its a real quality piece of kit. and after using it for the first time, it suits my needs perfectly. I have even kept my box in the attic in case it becomes a collectors item in the future! LoL

My question related to my fireplace and also all Webers - its a question relating to the enamel. I spent more on the fireplace compared to other firepits as I felt the enamel would last for years rather than a single season, however when I was putting it together I noticed one of the drilled handle holes has a very slight ding in, just as if it was the area where the lid may be suspended on a hook etc for enamelling / baking in the oven post coating.

At the hole I can see the slightest bit of steel showing, and looking at the other holes e.g in the base also there was a tiny bit of steel showing.

My question is about rust in those areas that have not been completely sealed, will rust creep now from that point and blow the enamel or is this a normal thing on Weber BBQ's and is part of the process.

Any advice would be great, I'm sure I am worrying over nothing!

Many thanks

J

YardBurner

• WKC Ranger
Re: Weber Fireplace Help
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2019, 01:38:34 PM »
I'll assume you're located in the UK.
That model is, unfortunately,  not available in the US.
Thank you so very, very much, Weber :-[.

Almost every kettle I've ever bought, new or used has had
a couple of warts and dings.  Just a matter of a rentable item
coming in contact with a harder object.   The porcelain has
never been perfect on any grill I've ever seen.  Still, many
last for decades with minimal care.
The biggest foe to your new pit is the excessive heat generated by live fire.

DR_Web

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2019, 01:46:05 PM »
Hi! Thanks so much for your reply - and Yes I do live in the UK - I really find it odd that Weber an American company don't offer all their products to you guys there?

I had the same feelings, that all grills etc will have some mark etc if you look hard enough - especially now they are no longer made in the US (We used to live next to a USAF base here in UK and my parents taught me the best things are made in America - out mower still works now that is about 40 years old!!!!!!

Regarding the heat, I have made sure I use plenty of sand in the bottom of the fireplace - in fact it said to use at least 2 Lbs but I think I must have used about 20Lbs - so probably need to remove some in case I have made it too heavy.

Honestly though, I am so impressed with Weber compared to other BBQ's on the market, I don't know why I wasted so many years buying cheap BBQ's that last 12-18 months each.

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2019, 04:16:08 AM »
Lets see this bad boy!

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2019, 04:25:04 AM »
Hello and welcome. 

I prefer the Euro fireplace over the domestic version. 

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club