Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: DIY Churrasco Rack for Kettle 2.0  (Read 342 times)

RemoGaggi

• Smokey Joe
DIY Churrasco Rack for Kettle 2.0
« on: June 20, 2019, 03:24:34 PM »
Last year I made a simple Churrasco rack for my 22" using aluminum angle iron.  Here's the post from last year - http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/made-a-simple-churrasco-rack-for-my-18'-brazilian-bbq/msg366989/#msg366989 

The original pics seem to be gone, but here's my old version - big and clunky:

I had some time this morning and being inspired from various setups (not necessarily kettle setups) I saw on the internet, I took it apart and reworked it.  I modified it to hold 3 skewers at 3 different heights.  Each skewer can be rotated 90 degrees, whereas my old rack only allowed 180" degrees.  I've currently got the rack on my 18" midget, but I can easily put the entire rack on my 26" also.  I haven't cooked anything on it yet, but hope to do so this weekend. 

Here's the new version:

18" Middy & 26" Kettle, SnS, Summit S-620, Broilmaster D3CP

Marzipan

• WKC Brave
Re: DIY Churrasco Rack for Kettle 2.0
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2019, 03:58:04 PM »
this is interesting. how often do you rotate the meat you're roasting?

I have no metal working skills whatsoever, but what about a two triangle shaped pieces of metal that is notched to sit securely on the kettle and then again on the long side for the skewers? would likely need a cross bracing of some sort too.

it would also help with minimizing heat loss as it would rise/funnel up the semi-chimney?
Power Corrupts, But Absolute Power Is Kinda Cool!