Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Email Notifications  (Read 1447 times)

Jason

• WKC Ranger
Email Notifications
« on: June 28, 2019, 06:30:47 AM »
I can't seem to figure out why I am not getting email notifications, when someone replies to my posts, sends me a PM, or "mentions" me in a post. Pretty sure I have it set correctly in my control panel. I never changed anything and I used to get these notifications. Any ideas?

Troy

• Statesman
Re: Email Notifications
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2019, 01:32:52 PM »
there's a few things that happen.
1. the site can only send like 300 emails per hour. Sometimes that limit is met very early within the hour causing notification emails to be discarded for the remainder of the hour. This happens about 3 days out of the week, about twice per day.
2. many email providers simply filter them out before they even reach your inbox. Yahoo is great at this. If you're using yahoo mail you won't even get your registration email. It won't be in your spam. It doesn't bounce back. It's just gone. Fuckin yahoo.
3. inbox spam folder. modern mail clients like gmail and outlook are watching you. When they see you getting the same emails day in and day out and they're never opened or clicked, your mail client learns and starts to filter these messages out. Sometimes your mail provider is nice enough to put them in a spam folder, other times, see #2

Jason

• WKC Ranger
Re: Email Notifications
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2019, 01:03:42 PM »
Thanks Troy 👍🏻