Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Home Depot 22" Table  (Read 4312 times)

Hofy

• WKC Brave
Re: Home Depot 22" Table
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2018, 09:00:32 AM »
I tried building a wood cart for my Weber years ago.  Finally ditched it and got a Performer and never looked back.
Just buy a Performer, you will be glad you did.
EE Kettle, 1974 JBK-360 Key Lime "The Fairway" , DR Genesis Gold

G-MO

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2018, 09:08:53 AM »
Do they sell just the table for the performer? I like my grill and its only 6-8 months old...
Just Grill It!

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2018, 09:29:40 AM »
Not that I’m aware of. There are ways to install your red kettle in a performer.

The other option is a stand alone storage table like one from Sams club that has a stainless top and cabinet doors below. I think they are around $150

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

G-MO

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2018, 09:36:34 AM »
I have the BBQ Dragon side table currently... I may just rock that for now and when spring comes around see how I feel and if I build anything I will document.
Just Grill It!

G-MO

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2018, 10:22:06 AM »
Building one from scratch... for  table top surface what type of wood should I use? I know I can use normal for base and frame but I want it to be weather protected and I hear from BGE owners that you can use a few coats of danish oil to protect it as opposed to poly or something like that. Ideas?

(sorry for run on sentence)
Just Grill It!

G-MO

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2018, 11:09:23 AM »
Would cedar with a sealer work? and pine for frame?

Thanks
Just Grill It!

glsmith1544

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2019, 09:30:38 AM »
http://www.hopkinsmfg.com/2x4/WorkBench-Legs.html

I would suggest this instead. Also available through Lowes / Home Depot / etc.

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2019, 05:36:46 PM »
I would just spend some time looking at the customs here, searching youtube, and looking at Pinterest.  If I were to try to build with wood though I would definitely go with a burnt wood and stain project.  There is something about a grill in burnt wood that just looks good.  There are a lot of ways to build them.  I would recommend using a miter saw for most of your cuts if you can get one or have one.  Just makes it super quick to measure and cut at a 90 or 45 degree angle.

Honestly, I would just go with some pine wood.  Cedar will cost a lot more and if you plan on staining it I don't think it will really make a big difference appearance wise.  The stain should last a pretty good amount of time if it isn't getting hit with rain/sun all the time, but be careful how close you put it to your house as it could stain/melt siding.
ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.